FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Don T
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:28 am
Location: Dallas area

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#46

Post by Don T » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:51 am

Because many of our changes in the law are effective on September 1 of odd-numbered years after the legislature meets, you will want to wait to order the 2019 version and not the 2017 version in order to have the most up-to-date reference.


Russell
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#47

Post by Russell » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 pm

I OC almost exclusively practically everywhere I go, and have yet to be challenged by any officer.

The only time a discussion was raised was when a Sams Club employee asked if I was licensed. I said yes. He then left me alone without ever asking to actually see my license. (The point of that interaction that he started still eludes me....).
http://www.texas3006.com - Texas 30.06 and 30.07 Signage Database.
Join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/texas3006


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3988
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#48

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 pm
I OC almost exclusively practically everywhere I go, and have yet to be challenged by any officer.

The only time a discussion was raised was when a Sams Club employee asked if I was licensed. I said yes. He then left me alone without ever asking to actually see my license. (The point of that interaction that he started still eludes me....).
That reminds me of the scene from "The Untouchables" where Shawn Connery's character takes Elliot Ness at his word that he's a treasury agent. Pressing the issue has no potential positive outcome - Either you're telling the truth and he just inconvenienced a customer, or you're lying and you are already committing at least one Felony (assuming that Sam's club sells alcohol) so you might commit another one if pressed....
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Topic author
oohrah
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: McLennan County

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#49

Post by oohrah » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am

I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

"I did hear back from Sgt. Daniels and he apologized for the incorrect information. We ran a correction in print and corrected the story online. Thanks for pointing out the error."

A small win.

Added: I found the printed correction in the Aug 22 edition, page 2A.
Last edited by oohrah on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 13101
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#50

Post by C-dub » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:29 am

oohrah wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am
I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

"I did hear back from Sgt. Daniels and he apologized for the incorrect information. We ran a correction in print and corrected the story online. Thanks for pointing out the error."

A small win.
:thumbs2:

Nothing in my inbox from them yet? :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

User avatar

E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 2780
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#51

Post by E.Marquez » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm

oohrah wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am
I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

"I did hear back from Sgt. Daniels and he apologized for the incorrect information. We ran a correction in print and corrected the story online. Thanks for pointing out the error."

A small win.

May I respectfully suggest a message to that officer and his supervisor applauding them for the correction

We can all go on about how he should’ve known already but the fact is he didn’t once it was pointed out he took the time to research found out he was incorrect and pass that along to the reporter personally I think that’s worthy of recognition in a positive manner
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

User avatar

OldCurlyWolf
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 am

Re: FWPD Sgt Doesn't know LTC law

#52

Post by OldCurlyWolf » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:58 pm

E.Marquez wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm
oohrah wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am
I received this reply from the reporter of the original story:

"I did hear back from Sgt. Daniels and he apologized for the incorrect information. We ran a correction in print and corrected the story online. Thanks for pointing out the error."

A small win.

May I respectfully suggest a message to that officer and his supervisor applauding them for the correction

We can all go on about how he should’ve known already but the fact is he didn’t once it was pointed out he took the time to research found out he was incorrect and pass that along to the reporter personally I think that’s worthy of recognition in a positive manner
:iagree: With E.Marquez. The officer should be given kudos for his subsequent actions.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”