Warning

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Warning

Post by KLB » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Sounds like an urban legend to me, BUT it may be a good plot device in my next detective story.

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KLB » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:58 pm

What bothers me about fentanyl is that it's so dangerous that I don't understand how anyone works with it. Getting it into a hollow point without killing yourself seems more trouble than it's worth.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:19 pm

KLB wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:58 pm
What bothers me about fentanyl is that it's so dangerous that I don't understand how anyone works with it. Getting it into a hollow point without killing yourself seems more trouble than it's worth.
Yeah, I think it’s an urban legend
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Txtension
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Txtension » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:00 am

I think you might be ascribing way too much to the gangbangers.

I heard pure silver makes great expanding bullets. But lead seems to get the job done just fine. And cyanide is cheaper and easier to get a hold of than fentanyl.

Makes more sense to sell the dope and to dispatch enemies in the conventional ways: Like jumping out of the bushes while the other gangbanger is jogging at 3 am.

Topic author
narcissist
Posts in topic: 11

Post by narcissist » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:22 am

Txtension wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:00 am
I think you might be ascribing way too much to the gangbangers.

I heard pure silver makes great expanding bullets. But lead seems to get the job done just fine. And cyanide is cheaper and easier to get a hold of than fentanyl.

Makes more sense to sell the dope and to dispatch enemies in the conventional ways: Like jumping out of the bushes while the other gangbanger is jogging at 3 am.
Takes a lot more cyanide to kill then Fentanyl (more or less 1.5 milligrams per kilogram of body weight) example: 150lb man needs to ingest 225mg, in which no way would fit into a bullet. Now there are Stronger poisions that could get the job done easily but it's nearly impossible to get ahold of. Also cyanide kills slowly (not like in the movies). Fentanyl kills rather quickly
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:25 am

KLB wrote:
In liquid form it is very dangerous if it comes in contact with skin but powder form and using gloves fixes that problem.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:28 am

KLB wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm
Sounds like an urban legend to me, BUT it may be a good plot device in my next detective story.
Dont forget to add "Narcissist" in the credits of the book, :mrgreen:

Rob72
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rob72 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:37 am

KLB wrote:
Without going too far into questionable territory, and noting that I have a family member who is a forensic toxicologist:

You can buy these, from China, with various, "factory markings." E.g., if you wanted to, you could grind up D-Con, bleach it a bit, and press it back into a tablet marked as Oxycontin, and it would totally pass visual inspection. Fentanyl/components is/are cheap and readily available online as well (China). People work with it every day, in illicit cook houses and like any other hazardous activity, you have to be careful. Powdered form is not the same as patches which is not the same as IV/IM solution, so within certain limits, it isn't like it will spontaneously transdermally absorb, unless it's formulated in a carrier designed to do so.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:05 pm

I would say that the drug dealers are probably more interested in trading their product for cash than potentially wasting it this way.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”