Warning

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Warning

Post by flechero »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:29 am
Flightmare wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 am I'm curious, how well could the chemical survive from the temperature and pressure of being ejected from the barrel, not to mention the friction of the air as it approaches it's target?
This is what I thought about while reading the posts.
The heat is behind the bullet- the interior of the JHP would take a lot more time to heat up than it would take for the round to hit someone. This is assuming they sealed it in the JHP and it actually reached the target.

Topic author
narcissist
Posts in topic: 11

Post by narcissist »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 am What are you doing hanging around with people who are in possession of illegal fentanyl and loading it into hollow points? Did you contact the police?
Please do not feel disrespected if I decline to answer your question, just remember I am a honest-good person is all I can say.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

narcissist wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:53 am
mojo84 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 am What are you doing hanging around with people who are in possession of illegal fentanyl and loading it into hollow points? Did you contact the police?
Please do not feel disrespected if I decline to answer your question, just remember I am a honest-good person is all I can say.
Enemy intel comes from many sources... :bigear:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Police: 2 stopped for expired sticker in Fall River had hollow point bullets, fentanyl
None of the article say that the fentanyl was inside the hollow point bullets.

https://whdh.com/news/police-2-stopped- ... -fentanyl/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/pa ... ine-intent

https://patch.com/connecticut/meriden/m ... possession
NRA Endowment Member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

narcissist wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:59 pm Now the "gangbangers" are filling hollow points with Pure Fentanyl to kill even after the shot by Overdosing the victims. No reports yet by news ect. Just that I've "Heard" through my grapevine!! --->Goes deep<--Of course even one shot in a leg would still kill, if its loaded with only 2-3mg of this deadly synthetic opioid ( which is nothing ). Even IF* you make it to the ER and say they do a drug test it will not show up due to being fully synthetic. So no Narcan is administered, reminds me of that old poison trick but they have easy access to this drug.

Just heard this and thought I'd give out this warning, believe it or not its up to you.
Just curious, why is up to me/us? I don't sell fentanyl or ammo. So I guess you mean don't get shot, but I have been trying to do that for over 60 years. Am I missing something? If so, let me know. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

twomillenium wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am
narcissist wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:59 pm Now the "gangbangers" are filling hollow points with Pure Fentanyl to kill even after the shot by Overdosing the victims. No reports yet by news ect. Just that I've "Heard" through my grapevine!! --->Goes deep<--Of course even one shot in a leg would still kill, if its loaded with only 2-3mg of this deadly synthetic opioid ( which is nothing ). Even IF* you make it to the ER and say they do a drug test it will not show up due to being fully synthetic. So no Narcan is administered, reminds me of that old poison trick but they have easy access to this drug.

Just heard this and thought I'd give out this warning, believe it or not its up to you.
Just curious, why is up to me/us? I don't sell fentanyl or ammo. So I guess you mean don't get shot, but I have been trying to do that for over 60 years. Am I missing something? If so, let me know. :tiphat:
:iagree: I usually find it more important to not get shot than to shoot. ;-)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

oljames3 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:56 am
twomillenium wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am

:iagree: I usually find it more important to not get shot than to shoot. ;-)
:smilelol5: definitely agree.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Personally, I’ll file this into the same folder as kids getting drugs in their halloween candy. It’s a round file, lined with a black bag.

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

narcissist wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 am
bbhack wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:41 am This is a movie plot threat. Something that will not happen, but that gets people worked up.

This is an example of giving your enemies power over you by imbuing them with all the things you're scared of.
So if someone first hand saw people loading this into bullets that wouldn't count?

Yeah I agree to never let anyone have power over you expecially with things someone 'knowingly' scares you.

I figured this would of been just disregarded, believe what you want but if for some reason someone does get shot and has little pain and starts to pass out (without major blood loss). Might try Narcan wouldn't hurt anyway, may delay pain relief when administered at the ER.

Then again what do I know?
Try watching Live PD or Live Rescue, and you’ll find out your not exactly right. It doesn’t matter that Fentanyl is a synthetic. So are some other opiates like Tramidol, for instance. But chemistry is chemistry, whether it’s natural or synthetic, and a Fentanyl overdose is absolutely reversible with Narcan. The problem with Fentanyl not that it’s untreatable; it's that it’s fairly fast acting, and it can take a LOT of Narcan to reverse it. In some cases, with larger doses of Fentanyl, first responders might not arrive in time to administer the antidote drug and the patient expires. But point of fact, that can happen with heroin and OxyContin and other opiates too....just to a lesser degree.

https://www.thefix.com/narcan-resistant ... or-fiction
But that’s a scientifically dubious assertion. As Nelly Miles, spokesperson for Georgia’s Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab, explains: “The way the story was received was that naloxone does not work.” But actually the “newer analogues are more resistant to naloxone. They require multiple doses,” said Miles, who also happens to be a forensic chemist.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

RSX11 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:25 am Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
Exactly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

In english thats "The world wants to be deceived, so", weird comment but think I understand.

I can do that also check out my language, SuQh+5m0E21lQquUV4ONeoz9hAqPgtN1fyT14gnGpfI=

Mods if you want the Encryption key to make sure I didn't post anything bad, pm me. I'll give it to you no problem or questions asked.

The Annoyed Man

narcissist wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:23 pm
In english thats "The world wants to be deceived, so", weird comment but think I understand.

I can do that also check out my language, SuQh+5m0E21lQquUV4ONeoz9hAqPgtN1fyT14gnGpfI=

Mods if you want the Encryption key to make sure I didn't post anything bad, pm me. I'll give it to you no problem or questions asked.
Illigitimi non carborundum. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”