LCRA

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 2

LCRA

Post by tommyg »

Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 62.081 prohibits the possession of a firearm on or across the land of the Lower Colorado River Authority. Possession of a firearm is also prohibited in:Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 62.081 prohibits the possession of a firearm on or across the land of the Lower Colorado River Authority. Possession of a firearm is also prohibited in:

All the state-owned riverbeds in LaSalle County (Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 82.712)

All the state-owned riverbeds in McMullen County (Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 82.722)

The state-owned land area and water in the Aransas and Poesta rivers in Bee County (Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 82.732)

The state-owned riverbeds of the Nueces, Frio, and Atascosa rivers in Live Oak County (Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 82.762)

No person may possess a rifle or pistol for shooting on or over the water of Murvaul Lake in Panola County. Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 283.022. ⤴︎

does anyone have more info on this :nono:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LCRA

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Parks and Wildlife Code wrote:Sec. 62.082. TARGET RANGES, MANAGED HUNTS, AND OTHER EXCEPTIONS; RULES. (a) The Board of Directors of the Lower Colorado River Authority may lease river authority land to be used on a nonprofit basis for a target rifle or archery range.

(b) A member of the boy scouts or the girl scouts or other nonprofit public service group or organization may possess and shoot a firearm, bow, and crossbow for target or instructional purposes under the supervision of a qualified instructor registered with and approved by the Lower Colorado River Authority on ranges designated by the Lower Colorado River Authority.

(c) The Board of Directors of the Lower Colorado River Authority may authorize lawful hunting on Lower Colorado River Authority lands, consistent with sound biological management practices.

(d) Section 62.081 does not apply to:

(1) an employee of the Lower Colorado River Authority;

(2) a person authorized to hunt under Subsection (c);

(3) a peace officer as defined by Article 2.12, Code of Criminal Procedure; or

(4) a person who:

(A) possesses a handgun and a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a handgun; or

(B) under circumstances in which the person would be justified in the use of deadly force under Chapter 9, Penal Code, shoots a handgun the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.

(e) A state agency, including the department, the Department of Public Safety, and the Lower Colorado River Authority, may not adopt a rule that prohibits a person who possesses a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, from entering or crossing the land of the Lower Colorado River Authority while:

(1) possessing a handgun; or

(2) under circumstances in which the person would be justified in the use of deadly force under Chapter 9, Penal Code, shooting a handgun.
Essentially you can't hunt on LCRA land without their permission, but you can carry.

As for the others, I'd have to talk to a lawyer, but I would expect that you can carry in those locations as they are not statutorially off limits to an LTC holder and the government may not bar an LTC holder from carrying on public land.

Topic author
tommyg

Post by tommyg »

The source is the Gifford law firm they are anti-gun big time :banghead:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tommyg wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:56 am The source is the Gifford law firm they are anti-gun big time :banghead:
Link? I’d like to send them a letter.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

tommyg wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:51 am No person may possess a rifle or pistol for shooting on or over the water of Murvaul Lake in Panola County. Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 283.022. ⤴︎
On or OVER? Now we can’t even fly over the water? Really guys? :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

C-dub wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:25 pm
tommyg wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:51 am No person may possess a rifle or pistol for shooting on or over the water of Murvaul Lake in Panola County. Tex. Parks & Wild. Code § 283.022. ⤴︎
Shooting over.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jmorris wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:45 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:25 pm
Shooting over.
Apparently my vision omitted some of the words in the Cliff's notes version it released to my brain. :oops:

However, it does "for" shooting over and not actually shooting over. Isn't that a little odd?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”