Sheepdog Safety Training Seminars

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Sheepdog Safety Training Seminars

Post by Blackhorse1 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Anyone know if this is a gun carry seminar? :txflag: :bigear: guns allowed or not?
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

LDP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDP » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Blackhorse1 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:18 pm
Anyone know if this is a gun carry seminar? :txflag: :bigear: guns allowed or not?
I do not have a hard answer for you (sorry) but the event is held at a house of worship. Unless posted, you can carry.
Frankly, I would find it VERY ironic (and hypocritical) if they put up silly 06 or 07 signs at such seminar.
But double-check for sure. Hope you can get a straight answer here.

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks... I'll be watching.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm

I will be attending the 2/8/20 event in Hockley.

I would like to meet and greet any forum members who are going to that one.

SIA
1. All guns are loaded.
2. Always have your gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until the moment you are determined to fire.
4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 pm

I'm here and they do not allow open carry !!! They said they prefer that no one carries. Wow. Hypocrites I think. Unorganized program so far. No one knows where to go or where in this place it's going to start. Lot's of cop's and security and so far the ones I interacted with were rude. They were all talking about how they handled a bad guy. Totally unfriendly. I'll see how the rest of this seminar goes and will tell about it after It's over. :rules: :nono:

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Blindref757 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:07 pm

This seminar was worth attending just to hear Jack Wilson talk. But after he finished, it was 50% sales pitches and commercials, 25% church service, and 25% info for someone brand new to being a sheepdog or starting a ministry. I doubt that there were 2 people in the room who didn’t already know “when seconds count, the police are just minutes away”.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Blackhorse1 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 pm
I'm here and they do not allow open carry !!! They said they prefer that no one carries. Wow. Hypocrites I think. Unorganized program so far. No one knows where to go or where in this place it's going to start. Lot's of cop's and security and so far the ones I interacted with were rude. They were all talking about how they handled a bad guy. Totally unfriendly. I'll see how the rest of this seminar goes and will tell about it after It's over. :rules: :nono:
Concealed okay?

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Blindref757 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Yes...nobody patted me down...I didn’t see a 30:06 sign.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:35 pm

My wife and I are planning attending one of these. We will be driving a little bit, but I am not going to hear an infomercial. I hope others will post their opinion before my class comes up.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:38 pm

I was blessed with the opportunity to shake Jack Wilson's hand before he entered the sanctuary to speak. He is a humble man.
Didn't care much for the sales pitches either, but Meeks did a nice job. I've been to a few of these, but the group I was with had never been to one, I believe some of it was eye opening for them.
Oh yeah, didn't see any signs so I didn't ask before I entered.
What would y'all guess, 60% 70% or 80% were carrying? Lol

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:12 am

Listening to Jack Wilson made the trip for me. The folks from "[Pre-paid legal service]" were professional and courteous. The rest of the program was too dramatic. Carrying is a serious responsibility and I feel uncertain about folks that glorify shooting "bad" guys. My two cents.
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Lena

Post by Lena » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:55 pm

I attended a very similar as this sometime back and honestly all in our group thought we had been to a sales event, for the total cost we all had we said pass on another like this but would I have gone probably so.
Stay Safe

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Met Jack Wilson also. Very humble indeed. Had a job to do, did it, it's over. Too much trying to push products they sell. Some good info after you filter out all their drama. I've heard comedians before. Glad I didn't have to pay for it. They never asked to see my entrance numbered ticket. They told me they wished no one carried, but they wouldn't know. I myself didn't due to they're were enough there with law enforcement that I didn't feel like I needed to be involved in a crossfire situation if something did go wrong. All in all, my opinion is my own feelings, but felt like I wasted the better part of my day. Don't get me wrong that what was not good for me could be of benefit to others. :tiphat:

tkc723

Post by tkc723 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:35 pm

I arrived at the church about 240pm. Saw no 30.06 signs. I did like the fact they had security in the parking lot, but I don't know if they stayed out there the entire time. I got into the auditorium about 245pm. If I knew Jack Wilson was speaking I would have made sure I was there earlier. Fortunately, I got to hear some of his talk.

Didn't care for the sales pitch but I understand it. I just wish they would have kept it to the "10 minutes" they promised and not the hour they actually talked.

I didn't really learn a whole lot, but I have been a lurker on this board for the past 5 years, so most of what was said, I've heard here before. If you're new to church security or carrying in general, it might have been a decent seminar. I'm just glad it was free.

The main speaker introduced the Garland policeman who took out the 2 terrorists a couple of years ago. Thought he was going to talk, but unfortunately, he never got a chance. I would have liked him to at least say a little about that incident.

flowrie

Post by flowrie » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:35 pm

I attended the Hurst session. Carried concealed, no problems.
Did hear Jack Wilson speak, that was good. Very good! Jack was a surprise speaker, trip was worth that.
The young lady lawyer from US/TX Shield spoke for some time, she was good.
I just wanted a refresher on use of force. Kinda got it.
Then we left, did not stay for the entire event.
I have been to several of these, all pretty much the same.
Lots of sales pitches, but I knew that going in.
If you have never been, then go.
If you have been previously, then maybe not.
I would not drive too far to attend, but it was close, so I attended.
Just my 2 cents.
"This will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins." --Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”