Wearing a mask while LTC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
striker55
Posts in topic: 4

Wearing a mask while LTC

Post by striker55 »

Someone suggested it's illegal to wear a mask while carrying, anyone know if that is true?

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wearing a mask while LTC

Post by srothstein »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm Someone suggested it's illegal to wear a mask while carrying, anyone know if that is true?
Not true in Texas. I believe it is a law in Illinois and the governor there said it was exempt as part of the emergency.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Thank you

ELB

Post by ELB »

jmorris provided same answer (not illegal) with supporting evidence from the Texas Law Library: viewtopic.php?p=1285961#p1285961
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

ELB wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:46 pm jmorris provided same answer (not illegal) with supporting evidence from the Texas Law Library: viewtopic.php?p=1285961#p1285961
Thank you, missed that.

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kayt00 »

That's why I finally bought a holster for my 686+ (that was tragically lost in a lake). Might be the only time in my life I can open carry a revolver and wear a bandana mask without being accused of a "hold up". :biggrinjester:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I always carry openly where I an legally do so. I've been having fun wearing a mask with my S&W M&P9 M2.0 5" on my hip. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I have also seen posts on other forums of LTC holders using the excuse to not wear a mask because it is illegal. There are probably some LTC Instructors passing out bad gouge as well.

I tell them - show me the Penal Code paragraph, and I get crickets.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

I went into an AutoZone store, open carry with a bandana on. It felt strange, I was uncomfortable, although the bandana had cartoon figures of cowboys on it.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I had to go to the bank the other day. It is local a block away, and they probably recognize me as a familiar face. I walked there, armed but concealed, wearing a fishing type hat, properly masked when I walked in and wearing darkened self-darkening glasses. I cashed and deposited some checks. It felt weird to me. The teller asked for an ID, which I displayed. I asked if they wanted me to pull down my mask, The teller said it wasn't necessary. I thought that was pretty strange. The only features showing were my ears and back of my head. and my basic body shape.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Yesterday, the Tarrant County judge issued a royal decree that all businesses must post signs at their entrances REQUIRING all customers to wear a mask when entering the business. This could get interesting for LTCs. I carry at work, and I wear or do not wear a mask according to whatever the customer's comfort level happens to be, but I guess that’s going to change....
:banghead:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Yea, saw that. Will be interesting to see how people will eat or drink at bars/restaurants. Or how they’ll get beard trim or shave at the barbershop. Knee jerk reaction. I sometimes wear my keffiyeh :anamatedbanana

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 am Yesterday, the Tarrant County judge issued a royal decree that all businesses must post signs at their entrances REQUIRING all customers to wear a mask when entering the business. This could get interesting for LTCs. I carry at work, and I wear or do not wear a mask according to whatever the customer's comfort level happens to be, but I guess that’s going to change....
This was brought up at my work, and I noticed that we are exempt, although I was the only one that caught it. I can't speak to the Dallas county version, as I have not read the full text. However, the Tarrant county EO specifically says that it applies to businesses which provide goods or services directly to the public. My work does not, as we are a manufacturing facility. Ergo, we are not required to wear masks at all times.

I don't remember where you work, so this may or may not affect you, but I thought I would mention it.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 am Yesterday, the Tarrant County judge issued a royal decree that all businesses must post signs at their entrances REQUIRING all customers to wear a mask when entering the business. This could get interesting for LTCs. I carry at work, and I wear or do not wear a mask according to whatever the customer's comfort level happens to be, but I guess that’s going to change....
Like many of the other ironies of today, a business owner must have the right to manage their property as they chose regarding firearms but does NOT have the right to not exclude customers because they aren't wearing a mask. I've railed for years that banks have been made into the enforcement arm of the Federal government. Lot's like we're fixin' to do the same with local merchants regarding the county and city governments. Once this "ice" has been broken, it will never freeze up again.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”