Does Concealed Carry Have to be IWB?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Does Concealed Carry Have to be IWB?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:07 am Back when we all worried about printing too much, . . .
Isn't that the truth!! At some point we learn that people don't pay attention to anything.

Chas.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

Thanks to you, Charles, the changes in both the penalty for accidental exposure and then open carry, we can afford to be a lot more cavalier about gun exposure. I cannot tell you how much easier my life became when I didn't have to paranoid about the times in the day when I had to arm and disarm. The first year that I carried, it seemed that I was doing it all of the time. I parked way out in parking lots and had towels around to cover holstering and un-holstering. I'm still cautious about where I do that but no to the level that I was back then.

OC has taught me that as long as I go about my business in intentional ways, no one notices a visible firearm on my hip. Or if they do, they don't react to it. So a partially covered one is even less of an issue. I will say that I do consider where I'm going and if I might end up someplace with a possible anti-gun sentiment, I'll use a better cover garment.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

:iagree: Some who want Constitutional carry--and I'm all for it if instituted properly--aren't necessarily happy about the current state of Texas affairs, but considering the glacial pace at which legislative change most often needs to be accomplished, it's pretty amazing how far we've come since 1995. I used to carry IWB only and still do, but only very rarely when dress and destination dictate it as the better option; otherwise have carried exclusively OWB for several years now. Much more comfortable, a more positive master grip on the draw, and safer reholstering. But my personal preference is always to cover-up well. I never just throw on a T-shirt over it unless I'm only going out into the backyard or to put out the trash. No longer having to be inordinately worried about a clear print when I bend over to take stuff out of a shopping cart or if the wind catches my cover shirt was a big deal to me, and when I finally decided to go OWB.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”