Four Sows Down w/ Suppressed 300 Blackout

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Four Sows Down w/ Suppressed 300 Blackout

Post by der Teufel »

Remember this thread from a half-dozen years ago titled Suppressor Build Success? viewtopic.php?f=87&t=80252
The process of building a suppressor on a Form 1 was discussed at length.
I made one, and I've been using it for hog hunting. It's working quite well. Of course, we all know it's not "Hollywood Quiet", but it does help when I'm hunting at night within ¼-½ mile of residences out here in farm country.

Saturday night at the farm. The sorghum was harvested last month, and the hog damage was significant. Since then the crop remnants have grown up to over knee high making the hogs a little harder to spot. Even so, I located some about two hours after sundown. I managed to catch up with a large sow, and put her down with a shot to the head. Another hog ran from that location but stopped, and went down with another head shot. These hogs have apparently not been heavily hunted. The piglets just dashed about, and I managed to take another one with my rifle. While looking for the downed hogs I came upon three more little piglets. I was able to get within 5-7 yards of one of them. It froze in my headlamp like a rabbit and I took it out with my .22 pistol! Total = Four Sows.

I'm shooting supersonic projectiles — Hornady 110 grain SP.
The optic is a Trijicon IR Hunter 60mm MK3 Thermal Weapon Sight

Last edited by der Teufel on Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

carlson1

Re: Four Sows Down w/ Suppressed 300 Blackout

Post by carlson1 »

I have always wanted to go hog hunting and have never been. Thank you for posting this video it is probably the closest I will ever get to hunting.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I always like to see the results of a good hunt. All that is possible the hogs today need harvested.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Weg

Post by Weg »

Nice ! You may have just inspired me to head out to the lease this weekend, those little ones are especially tasty...

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

:cheers2: :tiphat:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

You killed dozens maybe hundreds of pigs by taking out those sows! Good on you! :tiphat:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Hunting Photos”