Coyote down

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Coyote down

Post by crazy2medic »

Last night I could hear so several coyotes carrying on, I know there are at a minimum two groups of them, so I've been keeping my Savage 93 loaded with vmax 17gr, and have by the bed, early this morning 5 a.m. or so, I let my dogs out and about 10 minute after they went out I they came back to the door except for my white lab cross, she notorious for escaping thru the fence, so I went look for her and found her staring thru the fence out into the pasture, I called her and she looked at me and then looked back out into the pasture same direction, turned on my flashlight and out in the pasture I get three sets of eyes, I call Sadie with a little more urgency and thankfully she came this time, I run in grab my 17hmr close all the dogs in and stand at the corner of the workshop and use it to brace the rifle, luckily the Bushnell Scope gathered enough light I can see them, mostly their heads, I get off two quick rounds and nothing, they aren't much alarmed by my shooting, I take a deep breath as one is slowly moving away, aim just behind it's head just over his back, squeeze off a shot and he disappears, so I waited for more daylight and went to look, found it laying there wound thru it's heart, dead as a hammer approx 150yds
I have a pic but can't figure out how to get it from my phone and post it here!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Coyote down

Post by crazy2medic »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm Last night I could hear several coyotes carrying on, I know there are at a minimum two groups of them, so I've been keeping my Savage 93 loaded with vmax 17gr, and have it by the bed, early this morning 5 a.m. or so, I let my dogs out and about 10 minute after they went out they came back to the door except for my white lab cross, she notorious for escaping thru the fence, so I went look for her and found her staring thru the fence out into the pasture, I called her and she looked at me and then looked back out into the pasture same direction, turned on my flashlight and out in the pasture I get three sets of eyes, I call Sadie with a little more urgency and thankfully she came this time, I run in grab my 17hmr close all the dogs in and stand at the corner of the workshop and use it to brace the rifle, luckily the Bushnell Scope gathered enough light I can see them, mostly their heads, I get off two quick rounds and nothing, they aren't much alarmed by my shooting, I take a deep breath as one is slowly moving away, aim just behind it's head just over his back, squeeze off a shot and he disappears, so I waited for more daylight and went to look, found it laying there wound thru it's heart, dead as a hammer approx 150yds
I have a pic but can't figure out how to get it from my phone and post it here!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

Congrats on the dead song dog. Good "guestimation". ;-)
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

joe817

Post by joe817 »

You did good son! Good shooting. One less predictor to worry cattlemen. And domestic animals! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm I have a pic but can't figure out how to get it from my phone and post it here!
I have two ways of getting photos from phone to computer. E-mail it to myself or plug my phone into my computer and copy the files from the phone to a folder on the hard drive to save. If it is just one or two pictures e-mail is the easiest.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

To post images you need to host it on a site like Flickr.com or other hosting site, then use the image button above and put the link to the image in between the tags.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

That 17gr Vmax is one amazing bullet. I’d take it over any rim fire
Last edited by cmgee67 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Hunting Photos”