Nice Axis from 2021 Opening day for white tail

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Nice Axis from 2021 Opening day for white tail

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:tiphat:

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tomneal »

Opening day for white tail 2022
I shot another Axis from the same stand. This one was a scrub. 120 Pounds of quartered deer to the processor. Should be able to pick it up 1st week of December.
I missed the Antler on this one. The sun was higher in the sky. My only issues were around 15 other Axis clustered around the corn feeder and I only wanted one deer. AND I didn't want to pay for another mount. 110 yards. Quartering towards me. Hit the lungs and heart. Traveled about 50 yards.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by clarionite »

tomneal wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:17 pm Opening day for white tail 2022
I shot another Axis from the same stand. This one was a scrub. 120 Pounds of quartered deer to the processor. Should be able to pick it up 1st week of December.
I missed the Antler on this one. The sun was higher in the sky. My only issues were around 15 other Axis clustered around the corn feeder and I only wanted one deer. AND I didn't want to pay for another mount. 110 yards. Quartering towards me. Hit the lungs and heart. Traveled about 50 yards.
Last year I went with a friend Axis hunting. The hardest part was judging the size when they're 250+ yards out. Both of us wanted a doe. Much cheaper, and I'm not a trophy hunter. He shot one in the morning. He'd driven several hours to hunt with me, so I wanted to make sure he got one. I could always come back later. I got one in the afternoon. I wasn't sure about it until I saw it walk out beside a 10pt whitetail and it was larger. 325yd shot with my 270 and it dropped in place. When I got there it was a nice buck with no antlers. Beautiful nubs from where he'd shed. So I ended up with a decent sized Axis for the price of a doe.

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tomneal »

Congratulation on the Axis. I think Axis tastes better than chicken.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Return to “Hunting Photos”