Kerr WMA buck

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CDH
Posts in topic: 2

Kerr WMA buck

Post by CDH »

I spent last week hunting the Kerr Wildlife Management Area. It was cold and wet, with a good dusting of snow Friday morning to round it out. We had the intelligence :oops: to go cheap and stay at the Mo Ranch campground in a cabin, and the only thing is that the cabins are all screened in on one side so you can't hold any heat. So, we were only warm in bed at night and in the truck for the 10 minute drive to the hunt area. It was still better than being in the office! My hunt buddy scored a 200ish lb boar the first evening, and I scored this 130 gross, 19" inside spread buck Thursday evening.

There were a lot of nice bucks killed over the 4 days there. The staff were first rate all the way. The hunt is tough, no feeders to get the game on a routine, 4 previous hunts to get them wary, you take the unit they give you, and there is no real chance to scout until the hunt is under way. Even though it is high fenced, there is no supplemental feeding or such, and the only real game management is through harvest restrictions and the high fence.

All in all, a COLD week with an OUTSTANDING end result! I'm sure the memories of the cold will fade fast but the buck will hang on my wall with a place of honor.
Last edited by CDH on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

shortysboy09
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kerr WMA buck

Post by shortysboy09 »

Very nice buck CDH!

I like how the G2's split somewhat like a Muley would do. Always been a sucker for those types.
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Very nice buck! Congrats.

Where is mine :mrgreen:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Nice buck there CDH. Congratulations! :hurry:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
CDH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CDH »

Thanks guys! I don't get to hunt much (young kids, career, etc.), so this was kinda a special trip. The results were, well, obviously, worth it!
shortysboy09 wrote:Very nice buck CDH!

I like how the G2's split somewhat like a Muley would do. Always been a sucker for those types.
I have a New Mexico Muley from a couple of years ago that looks like a high 8 point whitetail, and now a wide whitetail that looks like a muley! I can never do anything the normal way...<laugh>
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

c-hawk

Post by c-hawk »

Nice deer, a friend of mine was up there the same week, he also harvested a real nice buck, his wasn't real wide but had really long tines. I think they scored his right at 130 B&C as well, congrats on the nice deer.

Return to “Hunting Photos”