First deer with my daughter

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
legend
Posts in topic: 2

First deer with my daughter

Post by legend »

This is the first deer I've shot with my daughter in the stand. Normally she's all wiggly, kicking the stand to make a noise, going to the bathroom every 10 minutes, talking loudly because she's bored, etc. This time she's learned to move slowly, talk quietly, and be patient (Although she can't do the last part in the car ride). We talked for about 5 minutes before I shot this 11point about what would happen, the loudness, how to cover her ears, how the deer will die but it's okay because of the circle of life etc....

Anyway, after I took the shot I looked at her and she had a huge grin and screamed "THAT WAS COOL DADDY!!!" She had no issues with me cleaning the deer, and even told everyone else at the lease how the deer died but that it was okay because we were going to eat it when we got home.

Tonight she actually packed for me (by taking work clothes off of the hanger and putting them into a pile) because she is so excited about getting back to the lease again.... :D

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First deer with my daughter

Post by Aggie_engr »

:thumbs2:. And here's to the nice buck! :cheers2:

A-R

Post by A-R »

THAT is SO COOL! How old is your daughter? Doesn't look much older than mine.

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

You are blessed, my friend. Truly blessed.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

That's awesome! Congrats! My little girl is 2 now and I can't wait to take her out in a few years!

And that's one heck of a buck! What's the spread on that? Heck...with what I have seen this season, that'd be a trophy for me! :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

Fantastic!

That is how I started the introduction of hunting to my daughters. The younger one (15 yr) now shoots all the deer for our house. She has take an 8 pt, 4 pt, and a spike this year.

They grow up fast so keep her in the game. Teach her to shoot. Take her out every chance you get and she will be the one pushing you to go out and hunt. It makes the thrill of hunting go to a whole new level for me and I don't even have to pull a trigger.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Topic author
legend
Posts in topic: 2

Post by legend »

Thanks guys! She's 3 1/2yrs old. Gotta start them early!! :)

I've hunted in east Texas all my life, but just recently switched to west Texas (near Mason, TX) last year. Although this won't be the biggest buck taken this year, it's definitely the biggest I've ever seen. 11pt weighing in at 160lbs.

Return to “Hunting Photos”