Grackle Whacker Is Back

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
doc540
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:37 am

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#16

Post by doc540 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Around here, some of the strip centers have cut down all their trees trying to deal with grackle roosting and the piles of virus-laden crap they leave. :shock:
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

User avatar

pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#17

Post by pbwalker » Mon May 23, 2011 8:43 pm

doc540 wrote:Around here, some of the strip centers have cut down all their trees trying to deal with grackle roosting and the piles of virus-laden crap they leave. :shock:
Might give us a creative way to pit "Earthers" against PETA. Hmmm... :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 5604
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#18

Post by puma guy » Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 pm

One game warden's opinion

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=33814&p=396796&hil ... le#p396869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


Carry-a-Kimber
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:58 am
Location: Harris County

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#19

Post by Carry-a-Kimber » Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

My freshman year at TAMU, 2000, they cut down all of the oak trees infront of the Rec because of grackle poo. Some of those trees had to have been 50 years old. It was a shame.

User avatar

TLE2
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Houston Texas Area

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#20

Post by TLE2 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 pm

....when found committing or about to commit depredations ...
Officer, they were actively planning a terrorist attack on my backyard.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

User avatar

Jasonw560
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Harlingen, TX

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#21

Post by Jasonw560 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 pm

TLE2 wrote:
....when found committing or about to commit depredations ...
Officer, they were actively planning a terrorist attack on my backyard.
"rlol" officer, they were all cookng up their own fertilizer....
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

User avatar

Texas10X
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Cat Spring, TX

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#22

Post by Texas10X » Tue May 24, 2011 4:54 pm

It's sad that TAMU (or anyone else, for that matter) would cut down any trees, especially oaks, as a way to deal with the problem. TAMU should have had the student body out there with shotguns addressing the issue, and anyone not wanting to shoot them should be issued a pail of soap and water and have to scrub the droppings off the autos and parking lot (until they decide they want a shotgun). It might get a lot more folks interested in shotgunning! :smilelol5:
NRA Benefactor Member


Carry-a-Kimber
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:58 am
Location: Harris County

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

#23

Post by Carry-a-Kimber » Tue May 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Texas10X wrote:It's sad that TAMU (or anyone else, for that matter) would cut down any trees, especially oaks, as a way to deal with the problem. TAMU should have had the student body out there with shotguns addressing the issue, and anyone not wanting to shoot them should be issued a pail of soap and water and have to scrub the droppings off the autos and parking lot (until they decide they want a shotgun). It might get a lot more folks interested in shotgunning! :smilelol5:
The groundscrew was shooting "bird bombs" from shotguns for several days before the trees were cut down. And the poop was beyond soap and water fixable. I went to a basketball game at Reed and when I got back there was so much scat on my windshield that my wipers would not lift....It was a crappy situatuon. "rlol"

Post Reply

Return to “Hunting Photos”