Archery Range SE Houston

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PatrickMas20
Posts in topic: 3

Archery Range SE Houston

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Looking for an archery range in the South East Houston are that has longer than 20 yard "lanes"

Any recommendations?

Archery1

Re: Archery Range SE Houston

Post by Archery1 »

For that area, indoor, I can't think of any. There are only a couple shops, and they are further south. Outdoor you will need to join a club. There's a public range in Hitchcock that is outdoor, but you will need a bag. Theirs are delapadated and won't stop a good arrow.

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Archery1 wrote:For that area, indoor, I can't think of any. There are only a couple shops, and they are further south. Outdoor you will need to join a club. There's a public range in Hitchcock that is outdoor, but you will need a bag. Theirs are delapadated and won't stop a good arrow.

Doesn't have to be indoor, I honestly would prefer to be outside anyways. Thanks for the recommendation :tiphat:

Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

PatrickMas20 wrote:
Archery1 wrote:For that area, indoor, I can't think of any. There are only a couple shops, and they are further south. Outdoor you will need to join a club. There's a public range in Hitchcock that is outdoor, but you will need a bag. Theirs are delapadated and won't stop a good arrow.

Doesn't have to be indoor, I honestly would prefer to be outside anyways. Thanks for the recommendation :tiphat:
You can go to Jack's Brooks park in Hitchcock, then. It's public and free. The gun range in Pearland has outdoor, but again, you need to be guest or member. Of all of Houston area, I know of only one indoor that I believe has 30 yard lane.

Topic author
PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Archery1 wrote:
PatrickMas20 wrote:

You can go to Jack's Brooks park in Hitchcock, then. It's public and free. The gun range in Pearland has outdoor, but again, you need to be guest or member. Of all of Houston area, I know of only one indoor that I believe has 30 yard lane.

Awesome, I'll check out Jack Brooks Park. Thanks for the information.

Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

Forgot to mention, it's called Saltgrass Archery Range. There hasn't been an active club there for awhile, so it's county maintained. Go in from Highway 6 at the ag building entrance. Go past the canal, and when the road starts to bend look to your left and the entrance is there. If they didn't open the traffic gate, you will have to park there and walk about 200 yards in to the club range. There's lanes in the woods, but again, it's only county maintained so don't expect much. Folks around here just use the club area practice range, mostly to get long sight tape readings for HHA sights.

Return to “Hunting Photos”