Tilden TX December 2018

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RandyM
Posts in topic: 4

Tilden TX December 2018

Post by RandyM »

Few pics of Tilden wildlife.
IMG_2119.JPG

Topic author
RandyM

Re: Tilden TX December 2018

Post by RandyM »

IMG_2127.JPG

Topic author
RandyM

Post by RandyM »

IMG_2133.JPG

Topic author
RandyM

Post by RandyM »

IMG_2147.JPG

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kayt00 »

Nice deer, but really interested in Javelina, which it looks that there is no shortage of there.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I remember in my teens hunting in the Texas hill country down near San Saba and surrounding areas, going down in the draws between the hills and suddenly get a whiff of a herd of Javelina, there was no doubt they were close, or worse being able to smell them, hear them and not being able to see them in the under brush and they'd start popping their teeth!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:51 pm I remember in my teens hunting in the Texas hill country down near San Saba and surrounding areas, going down in the draws between the hills and suddenly get a whiff of a herd of Javelina, there was no doubt they were close, or worse being able to smell them, hear them and not being able to see them in the under brush and they'd start popping their teeth!
Lived in South Texas for most of my teenage years, "on the ranch" between Cotulla and Tilden. I saw plenty of javelina, but gave them a wide berth. I was always told they were more dangerous than wild hogs because they attacked all together, and their tusks would rip you open.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I was told the same thing, my dad had accidentally gut shot one and we were trying to find it and I waa (un)lucky enough to find it, I was about 30yds from it when it decided to go out in a blaze of glory! It charged me! I had a Remington 760 in 243 loaded with 105gr nosler partitions, I managed to hit it in the head dropping it about 10yds away from me!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

From what ive heard though, as long as they're field dressed right, theyre good eatin. Course the method for doing so pretty much involves bathing before dressing and under no circumstances do you let tbe hide touch the meat. Just something on my bucket list, along with an nice axis buck.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Return to “Hunting Photos”