Watch Where You Walk

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Watch Where You Walk

Post by crazy2medic »

Flightmare wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:46 pm My grandmother always kept a flock of guinea fowls, she said if you have guineas you don't have snakes, I always thought that was just a wild tale, but I saw her guineas find a 3ft long rattlesnake and they went nutz, they shredded that snake, tore him to pieces!
Had those growing up when I lived on 6 acres. They take out june bugs too. But they are the most annoying sounding bird I have ever encountered!
They are a VERY noisey bird!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

NRowl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NRowl »

kayt00 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:43 pm
Maxwell wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:37 pm
WTR wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm
NRowl wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:03 pm A couple weeks ago my buddy was pulling some wood out of his wood pile and was greeted by a Coral snake. He killed it with a 4' long shovel. There is no way I'd have gotten that close!
Someone needs to educate themselves about snakes. Unless you let that poor Coral snake chew on you your friend killed a snake won’t strike and is relatively harmless.
Actually they have a nerve toxin that is extremely dangerous to us humans, but you are right in that they are fairly docile and their fangs are in the back of their mouths. They must get enough flesh to chew on, not stab like the other poisonous snakes we have (copperheads, moccasins, and a variety of rattlers depending on where in the state you are). Coral snakes also kill other poisonous snakes.
Are we sure it was a coral snake and not a king snake? Animal mimicry at it's finest.

Red and yellow will kill a fellow. And regarding needing an education on snakes, the only learning that is needed is that if you're a critter that bites and you are hiding in some place on my property that my kids stick their hands you will learn the hard way that you're in the wrong place. But again, this was not me that killed it and my buddy may have different rules.

jason812
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jason812 »

Best camo in the world.
24593.jpeg

This was in the inlaws's yard, which is at the end of my road. It was under a bird feeder and next to the kid's play house. About 3 ft long with 5 buttons, looks like the tip was broke off. Wife called to come quick to kill it. I had to jog 1/4 mile down the driveway as I had the spark plugs out of my car. She says her and the kids probably walked right over it going in the yard and only saw it on the way out. They were only there 5 minutes.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

jason812 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:08 pm Best camo in the world.
24593.jpeg

This was in the inlaws's yard, which is at the end of my road. It was under a bird feeder and next to the kid's play house. About 3 ft long with 5 buttons, looks like the tip was broke off. Wife called to come quick to kill it. I had to jog 1/4 mile down the driveway as I had the spark plugs out of my car. She says her and the kids probably walked right over it going in the yard and only saw it on the way out. They were only there 5 minutes.
My wife would make me move. :lol: Although it wouldn’t take a lot of convincing.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm
My wife would make me move. :lol: Although it wouldn’t take a lot of convincing.
:lol:: We actually moved out here last year. We bought half of their 80 acres and her parents house is where she grew up. Good thing she's use to snakes.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

20190925_190225.jpg
So my father in law is up to 2 rattle snakes, a copperhead, and a coral snake in his yard this year. 2 of his dogs got it from a rattlesnake last weekend. Both are fine other than swollen faces. The wiener dog had to see the vet though, he was in bad shape.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

jason812 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:39 am 20190925_190225.jpg

So my father in law is up to 2 rattle snakes, a copperhead, and a coral snake in his yard this year. 2 of his dogs got it from a rattlesnake last weekend. Both are fine other than swollen faces. The wiener dog had to see the vet though, he was in bad shape.
How fortunate the dogs and your FIL are. I don't believe I have ever seen a coral snake before or even a photo that was not in a book. I can't tell from the photo, but how long was that coral snake? It appears to be at least two feet and I was always under the impression they were very small.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:47 am
How fortunate the dogs and your FIL are. I don't believe I have ever seen a coral snake before or even a photo that was not in a book. I can't tell from the photo, but how long was that coral snake? It appears to be at least two feet and I was always under the impression they were very small.
Generally 3' is about max... we've had a few in the 30" range in our property, including 1 in the garage! Wife wasn't pleased that morning! :lol:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:43 pm
carlson1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:47 am
Generally 3' is about max... we've had a few in the 30" range in our property, including 1 in the garage! Wife wasn't pleased that morning! :lol:
My wife would make me Sale the house.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

george wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm Off topic, but on one of the shows about Texas game wardens (it is a series), someone killed a rattlesnake beside their house and put the picture on line. Turned out, it was an endangered timber rattlesnake, and I think the fine was $1000.

Just sayin'
I remember that episode. They investigated to see if the killing was necessary, which was not the case.

We live on a creek and have plenty of snakes. Mostly rat snakes, plain-bellied water snakes, and rough earth snakes. Fortunately we haven't seen a single venomous snake on our property, but I did spot a cotton mouth sunning itself up-creek one time.
Charlie

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

TxRVer wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:07 pm
george wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm Off topic, but on one of the shows about Texas game wardens (it is a series), someone killed a rattlesnake beside their house and put the picture on line. Turned out, it was an endangered timber rattlesnake, and I think the fine was $1000.

Just sayin'
I remember that episode. They investigated to see if the killing was necessary, which was not the case.

We live on a creek and have plenty of snakes. Mostly rat snakes, plain-bellied water snakes, and rough earth snakes. Fortunately we haven't seen a single venomous snake on our property, but I did spot a cotton mouth sunning itself up-creek one time.
I wouldn't care. A venomous snake on my property anywhere that people or pets might be is gonna die.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Liberty wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 pm
TxRVer wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Just sayin'

I wouldn't care. A venomous snake on my property anywhere that people or pets might be is gonna die.
Yyyyep. Me too! I saw that episode as well and thought, well that could be me getting a ticket.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Just sayin'
Ouch on the fine, maybe off topic but good leason learned. Never post anything on social media ect without knowing exactly what your dealing with. Or be like myself and NEVER use any kind of those platforms or real name ever anywhere ect.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

narcissist wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Just sayin'
Ouch on the fine, maybe off topic but good leason learned. Never post anything on social media ect without knowing exactly what your dealing with. Or be like myself and NEVER use any kind of those platforms or real name ever anywhere ect.
I saw the picture of the snake that got you. You are GTG. Besides, you were acting in self defense.

Return to “Hunting Photos”