Watch Where You Walk

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Watch Where You Walk

Post by dlh »

Found this sleeping between the bird bath and the statuary in the back yard. About 3 feet long with five to six rattles. My granny always said watch where you walk so I do.

I placed the rattler by the garden hoe for length comparison purposes only.

Dispatched this rattler with my Smith and Wesson Governor pistol using .410 round with no. 9 shot at a distance of about 8 to 10 feet away.
IMG_0899.JPG
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

The Annoyed Man

Re: Watch Where You Walk

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Wheres it’s head? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
dlh

Post by dlh »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:03 pm Wheres it’s head? :mrgreen:
The head is out in the back yard somewhere. I looked for it and could not find it as I like to bury those heads so they cannot do any damage. I assume the raccoons will get it tonight along with the rest of the snake.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

kayt00
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kayt00 »

Fixins for a heck of a cool and one of a kind holster.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

That is the best kind of snake!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I always watch where I walk especially in my backyard, 3 Chihuahuas leave a lot of poop. :lol:

rotor

Post by rotor »

I don't kill them around my house unless venomous. This guy meandered in the other day and I hope he eats lots of mice and rats.
IMG_2078.JPG

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

I was shuffling my kayaks around the other day and found a couple of earth snakes a couple of weekends ago. Spooked me at first, as I thought they were baby cotton mouths as hey had short fat bodies and were only a few inches long. I realized that there are no bodies of water around where I'm at except for the apartment pools but a little google-foo saved the little critters. They're free to slither around and eat roaches or feed the birds, either way they left my hands free.

http://dfwurbanwildlife.com/2012/06/27/ ... yard-work/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

striker55 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:31 pm I always watch where I walk especially in my backyard, 3 Chihuahuas leave a lot of poop. :lol:
Lol, just imagine 3 Labradors, smallest is about 60lbs
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

kayt00 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:18 pm I was shuffling my kayaks around the other day and found a couple of earth snakes a couple of weekends ago. Spooked me at first, as I thought they were baby cotton mouths as hey had short fat bodies and were only a few inches long. I realized that there are no bodies of water around where I'm at except for the apartment pools but a little google-foo saved the little critters. They're free to slither around and eat roaches or feed the birds, either way they left my hands free.

http://dfwurbanwildlife.com/2012/06/27/ ... yard-work/
Worm snakes. Great to play with.

I don't mind snakes but biguns around the house tend to frighten SWMBO so they must be dealt with severely. Out in the yard I'm pretty tolerant except for moccasins.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

I don’t tolerate any snakes. Job well done!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:02 pm
striker55 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:31 pm I always watch where I walk especially in my backyard, 3 Chihuahuas leave a lot of poop. :lol:
Lol, just imagine 3 Labradors, smallest is about 60lbs
Or a 100 lb boxer, and a 55 lb boxador. We are fortunate to have a large back yard, but I fear that it just makes it harder to find it all. :shock:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

I tend to just leave em be, if I can verify it's non-venomous I'll probably try to catch it but usually I just leave em be. They're here for a reason and it's not to hunt me down and slay me in my sleep...intentionaly. I treat spiders the same way but I fear disease spread by rodents and some insects more than the creapy crawlies.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

We have no venomous snakes at my place, just Bull snakes. I just pick them up and relocate them so they don’t startle my wife.

NRowl

Post by NRowl »

A couple weeks ago my buddy was pulling some wood out of his wood pile and was greeted by a Coral snake. He killed it with a 4' long shovel. There is no way I'd have gotten that close!

Return to “Hunting Photos”