Ike and the TexasCHLforum Day

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Ike and the TexasCHLforum Day

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Since Hurricane Ike has Friendswood and PSC Shooting Club in its sights, there is a possibility that the 2008 TexasCHLForum Day at PSC will be cancelled. Current forecast calls for 94 mph winds in downtown Houston and PSC is about 30 miles closer to the coast.

If we get winds that high, we could lose the IDPA building and our brand new barn could suffer extensive damage. These two building house everything we need for the TexasCHLforum Day. Even the PSC Classroom could be damaged.

I will check the range as soon as possible after the hurricane passes, but street flooding may be a problem for sometime after the wind and rain are gone. I will report on the range condition as soon as possible, but I suspect communications will be down for a period of time.

We have not deposited any of the checks yet and we don't intend to do so until right before Sept. 27th. If we are forced to cancel this year's event, we will run all of the checks through the shredder. I hope this isn't necessary.

Chas.

longtooth

Re: Ike and the TexasCHLforum Day

Post by longtooth »

Me too. We got rained out just before quitin time last yr. I dont want to get Iked out before we even get started this yr. :banghead: :banghead:

All serious now. You guys on the coast take care. Yall know more about these than I do but I know enough to get outta Dodge if need be. We can put up a couple of families if you have no place to go. :thumbs2:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The range suffered only minor damage so the 2008 TexasCHLforum Day is still on. If you plan to come and haven't registered, please do so very soon. In about a week, we have to give the Bun Stuffers a head count so they can buy food.

Thanks,
Chas.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Glory, :hurry: , haliluja, :thumbs2: :patriot:
Yall dont laugh, I know I cant spell.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NcongruNt »

Excellent. I'm glad things made it through OK.

Good to hear from you as well, Chas.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

NcongruNt wrote:Good to hear from you as well, Chas.
:thumbs2:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008”