Texas Appleseed 2023

This section is ONLY for instructors posting classes in compliance with Rule 14. Please do not post questions or reviews, or announcements of classes that you are not teaching.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Texas Appleseed 2023

Post by Paladin »

Texas Appleseed has a busy schedule for 2023:

Texas Appleseed Schedule for 2023

They have the usual 25y Rifle clinics and KD rifle events. But this year I'm signed up for one of their Pistol Clinics in Gainesville. I've been practicing and looking forward to taking home this new patch to add to my collection:

My collection to date:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Appleseed 2023

Post by Paladin »

Pistolseed this weekend in Gainsville was absolutely brutal in the 108 degree heat. The day before I managed to cut my trigger finger changing some lightbulbs just to make it all more interesting.

In spite of everything I scored my Pistoleer Patch this weekend with a 218. Looks good next to my other patches.

The pistol clinic focuses on speed, accuracy, transitions, reloads, Strong hand & weak hand shooting techniques. A lot of topics were discussed, but the primary focus is on strong fundamentals of marksmanship. The instructors were good and the price was affordable.

I would caution it doesn't capture the gun handling techniques like drawing from concealment or malfunction clearances that NRA Defensive Pistol or other training classes cover. So while it is good training, there are essential pistol skills that are only discussed/demonstrated.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)”