How Does Your Body Physically React To Crisis

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

How Does Your Body Physically React To Crisis

Post by Paladin »

I thought this was a great 8 min video from John Hearne about how people physically react to crisis:

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How Does Your Body Physically React To Crisis

Post by carlson1 »

Great video. We always say you don’t know what you will do until it happens.

In the mid to late 80’s I was involved in a pretty long manhunt for three fugitives in Upshur County. TDC had their dogs on seen and probably 10-12 different agencies. We were supposed to be on the side of the perimeter where there would be no actions. Over night they killed and ate one of the TDC dogs. The next day around 11:30 in the morning they all of a sudden bursted out of the woods and opened fire. My partner took cover behind our patrol car and ran up a hill and took cover behind trees. I ran through a barbed wire fence and didn’t even know it because of my adrenaline. After we handcuffed all three my leg felt wet and my boot was full of blood. After all was said and done I had 21 stitches in my left leg/thigh. Still hold the scar today. Even made 6:00PM news walking with one suspect in handcuffs. At the time my head was the size of a balloon (pride). Debriefing I realized all of the mistakes I made tactically.

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How Does Your Body Physically React To Crisis

Post by Paladin »

Rock Climbing was a requirement for all my best soldiers. We would train as a team.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Books & Videos”