Book Review: "Thank God I had a Gun"

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Book Review: "Thank God I had a Gun"

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I just bought this for my wife this weekend, and flipped through the first account, and I have to say its a riveting piece...I intend on finishing it soon, then maybe the wife will get to read it... ;-)

All I can say is its almost preaching to the choir, but for every discussion we have had on this forum about situations (some of which are in this book) its a great re-hash of exactly what we come up with every time almost...

Put yourself in that situation and go though it and see how you would have reacted...I know hind-sight is 20/20, but its a good thing to have these "lessons learned" handy in developing that personal "self-defense" mindset if you take your life and the lives of others seriously enough...But we already know we do...And we do it well...

The author (Chris Bird) autographed the copy to my wife...He asked me if my wife carried, and I said she has the CHL, and has renewed, but she doesn't carry...She relies on me...

To which the inscription is: "To (Wife Unit), why have a dog and bark yourself? Stay safe, Chris Bird"

I guess I am a dog now... :lol:

I highly recommend this book...Suzzana Hupp wrote the Forward...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dihappy

Re: Book Review: "Thank God I had a Gun"

Post by dihappy »

You know, it has a terrible title IMO, but this is a GREAT BOOK!

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Fosforos got an autographed copy at the Mesquite TSRA gun show for my daughter. She barely put it down and said it was very good. She said it gave her a lot to think about. She's always been pretty alert, but I think now she will also be more aware.

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

Here's a question for the tech savvy folks out there...how does one co-opt Amazon.com's review system?

If you look at the reviews for this book on Amazon.com, the first one is from "Gen. JC Christian patriot" who paints gun owners as nutcases. It has an almost perfect rating of 304 positive ratings out of 305.

All of the "real" reviews have been significantly downgraded with negative ratings.

I read quite a few books and enjoy posting reviews to this site. This is the first time I've seen such a complete take-over of one book's reviews.

Return to “Books & Videos”