Waiting Your Turn In Robbery Situations

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Waiting Your Turn In Robbery Situations

Post by Paladin »

Simple concept, but probably one of the most important tactical concepts:

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

carlson1

Re: Waiting Your Turn In Robbery Situations

Post by carlson1 »

Great video.

Question: do you give a warning or shoot the guy in the red in the back of the head?

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:08 am Great video.

Question: do you give a warning or shoot the guy in the red in the back of the head?
A wise man once told me that a warning shot is a shot that was intended to hit the threat but missed. ;-)
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:18 am

A wise man once told me that a warning shot is a shot that was intended to hit the threat but missed. ;-)
That is great advice.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

Talker #1 says *if* the guy who's not near the counter has a 2-second draw he should pull his firearm and shoot the guy in red because the other guy will run and not return fire. That'a a BIG bet. Robber #2 has a gun in his hand. What's to stop him from simply pointing at the customer who's shooting his buddy and pulling the trigger.

I think I would behave exactly as the customers in the video did. In my opinion this video is spouting nonsense.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I don’t know that it is nonsense because there have been many robberies where on their way out of the door they shot all witness. They had already pistol whipped the clerk. I will take my chances and drawing and shooting.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I wanted to correct something my friend and that is I wasn't talking about a warning shot. I would never ever do a warning shot. I meant would you verbally telling him not to move. The only problem I see with a verbal warning is you have two suspects. Has far as I know we don't have to announce anything before we shoot.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:58 pm

I wanted to correct something my friend and that is I wasn't talking about a warning shot. I would never ever do a warning shot. I meant would you verbally telling him not to move. The only problem I see with a verbal warning is you have two suspects. Has far as I know we don't have to announce anything before we shoot.
You are facing two hostile armed badguys who are threatening everyone's lives. I would endeavor to shoot them both before they realize I am armed.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:01 pm

You are facing two hostile armed badguys who are threatening everyone's lives. I would endeavor to shoot them both before they realize I am armed.
:iagree:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:01 pm

Boarding House Rules: Everybody gets served firsts before serving anybody seconds.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

der Teufel wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:32 pm Talker #1 says *if* the guy who's not near the counter has a 2-second draw he should pull his firearm and shoot the guy in red because the other guy will run and not return fire. That'a a BIG bet. Robber #2 has a gun in his hand. What's to stop him from simply pointing at the customer who's shooting his buddy and pulling the trigger.

I think I would behave exactly as the customers in the video did. In my opinion this video is spouting nonsense.
:iagree: Maybe not nonsense but it’s easy to “Monday morning quarterback” all these videos. Both of these guys assume that either or both of the customers are actually armed.

Is it just me or is John Correia looking increasingly like he’s about to write a manifesto? :mrgreen:

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:32 am Is it just me or is John Correia looking increasingly like he’s about to write a manifesto? :mrgreen:
I genuinely laughed out loud there.

Then again, with the things the way they are today, maybe more and more people need to start writing one. The declaration of independence could definitely be considered one if you were on the other side of it.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:32 am
der Teufel wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:32 pm Talker #1 says *if* the guy who's not near the counter has a 2-second draw he should pull his firearm and shoot the guy in red because the other guy will run and not return fire. That'a a BIG bet. Robber #2 has a gun in his hand. What's to stop him from simply pointing at the customer who's shooting his buddy and pulling the trigger.

:iagree: Maybe not nonsense but it’s easy to “Monday morning quarterback” all these videos. Both of these guys assume that either or both of the customers are actually armed.

Is it just me or is John Correia looking increasingly like he’s about to write a manifesto? :mrgreen:
What Active Self Protection is trying to do is use the situation as a teachable moment for concealed carriers. Training shows that there are far too many people who don't understand how to use speed and surprise to win fights.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Shoot them both then say stop or I will shoot-----------again :mrgreen:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:51 pm I don’t know that it is nonsense because there have been many robberies where on their way out of the door they shot all witness. They had already pistol whipped the clerk. I will take my chances and drawing and shooting.
Yep. There are a LOT of guys on Death Row who robbed a convenience store and shot the clerk.

Another little factor here (one of many) is that drum magazine. That shows the robber knows something about guns. He may not be an expert - most criminals aren't - but he's obviously not one of these birdbraines who doesn't even know how to load it, either. If you get a shot off and miss, there's an increased chance he's going to open up on you.

Some variables could come into play here. How your gun is carried - can you get to it in that position? How much do you have to move to do so?

If you do get a shot off, can you make a solid hit on the first shot under intense pressure? This is where I wouldn't want one of those guns (like my SIG P2022) that has a looooooooong, heavy, double-action first pull.

Interesting video.
-Ruark

Return to “Books & Videos”