Book Review - Domestic Enemies

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Book Review - Domestic Enemies

Post by anygunanywhere »

Domestic Enemies by Matthew Bracken

Readers be forewarned that there may be some subliminal messages in this post.

Matthew Bracken continues with the second installment of his trilogy. The novel continues with Ranya Bardiwell escaping from prison (reindoctrination camp) after the justice system (no trial or charges) finds her guilty of domestic terror (patriot).

She escapes. She resumes her search for her son, separated from her at birth. She finds her way to Oklahoma, the frontier.

It seems that Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California now are the Mexican state of Aztlan (google). The (La) Reconquista (google) has regained control (given by a democrat female president) and La Raza (google) is now running things.

Ranya is captured by Mexican Federal security (MS13) in New Mexico and plots her way to find and escape with her son. Her son has been adopted by a jaded FBI agent.

The BATFE agent who perpetrated the events in the first novel is now further up the Department of Homeland Security food chain and using the Patriot Act 2 to his best advantage in his never ending quest to capture (terminate with extreme prejudice) the domestic terrorists (patriot gun owners - civilian militia).

I enjoyed this novel more than the first since it strikes closer to home.

If you are an American by birth, read it. If you are a Texan by the grace of God, believe it.

Just look at the bumper stickers as you drive.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Hyunchback
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Book Review - Domestic Enemies

Post by Hyunchback »

I really need to bump up the first of these to the top of my read list.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

big 54r

Post by big 54r »

this book recently took on more meaning for me because of a conversation I had with an old neighbor.
I didn't really get into this one as much as the first in the beginning,it drags at points.
I do like the heroine and the plot is very close to home as my previously mentioned conversation drives home,and speaking of the "CONVERSATION" it was one in which said party articulates his love for Mexico and pancho villa over America who stole his people's land that he refer's to (as does the book) as AZTLAN. "Cinco de Mayo is his 4 th of July, that's my people's real INDEPENDENCE DAY"!

When I said to him this region was won in war and then paid for with the sum of 12-15 million dolllars he was dumbfounded and had never heard of this...dooh!... :nono: :roll:

Anyway I digress, this conversation just brought the premise of the book closer to view. :txflag: :patriot:

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

big 54r wrote:this book recently took on more meaning for me because of a conversation I had with an old neighbor
....speaking of the "CONVERSATION" it was one in which said party articulates his love for Mexico and pancho villa over America who stole his people's land that he refer's to (as does the book) as AZTLAN. "Cinco de Mayo is his 4 th of July, that's my people's real INDEPENDENCE DAY"!
When I said to him this region was won in war and then paid for with the sum of 12-15 million dolllars he was dumbfounded and had never heard of this...dooh!... :nono: :roll:
At least he's as ignorant of Mexican history as he is of American history.

May 5 is not "Independence Day" in Mexico. It's not even a federal holiday. It's a regional holiday, mostly only observed in the state of Puebla. It doesn't celebrate independence from Spain, nor a defeat of American soldiers; it celebrates a victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla (as if beating the French is so difficult).

The French were trying to seize assets to collect a debt on which the Mexican government had defaulted.

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

KBCraig wrote:
big 54r wrote:this book recently took on more meaning for me because of a conversation I had with an old neighbor
....speaking of the "CONVERSATION" it was one in which said party articulates his love for Mexico and pancho villa over America who stole his people's land that he refer's to (as does the book) as AZTLAN. "Cinco de Mayo is his 4 th of July, that's my people's real INDEPENDENCE DAY"!
At least he's as ignorant of Mexican history as he is of American history.

May 5 is not "Independence Day" in Mexico. It's not even a federal holiday. It's a regional holiday, mostly only observed in the state of Puebla. It doesn't celebrate independence from Spain, nor a defeat of American soldiers; it celebrates a victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla (as if beating the French is so difficult).

The French were trying to seize assets to collect a debt on which the Mexican government had defaulted.
IN Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is referred to as "The Gringo Holiday". School kids do not take off, no one celebrates it. C de M is a politically correct way to brainwash people int accepting Aztlan and La Raiza.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Books & Videos”