What are you currently reading?

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bcooper
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by bcooper »

I don't read book, due to my ADHD kicking in and making me needing to get up. I listen to books on audible.

Just finished Red Platoon by Clinton Romesha: Its about the fight for KOP Keating and the men who were almost overrun at that KOP in the Afghan Mountains. Amazing book also listen to Outpost by Jake Tapper

I'm currently re-listening to Cartel by Don Winslow and read by my favorite narrator Ray Porter : It's fiction with real life events intertwined into the story about Art Keller at DEA Agent known as the Boarder Lord trying to take down Adan Barrera at Cartel Drug Lord. If you are going to read/listen to this book read/listen to Power of the Dog first. Both amazing reads

My other favorites:

Day by Day Armageddon series by J L Bourne
Outlaw Platoon by Sean Parnell, John Bruning
Fearless by Eric Blehm
Lion of Sabray by Patrick Robinson - About the guy who saved Marcus Luttrell
Martian by Andy Weir
Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock by Sammy Hagar
Fresh of the Boat by Eddie Huang
1million steps by Bing West
Damn Few by Rorke Denver
Red Circle: My Life in the Navy Seals by Brandon Webb
American Sniper by Chris Kyle
American Wife by Taya Kyle - Pulled the heart strings a lot for me
Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
Confessions of a Economic Hitman by John Perkins
Save Me from Myself by Brian "head" Welch from Korn
Carnivore by James Tarr, Dillard Johnson

striker55
Posts in topic: 4

Post by striker55 »

The Survivor by Kyle Mills who took over the Mitch Rapp series after Vince Flynn lost his battle with cancer.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Pariah3j wrote:I'm currently in the middle of a series I stumbled across at Barnes&Nobles called The Remaining by D.J. Molles. Its a newish take on the Zombie apocalypse. The government sets up a group of operators to be put in bunkers during any potential high threat situations, and they operate after X number of days of no contact. Zombie apoc sets in as a Flu type epidemic, operators are sequestered, which of course are never relieved. The main character is activated and sets out to try to re-establish civilization.
Read that series, they have them in HCPL eBook format, liked them.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

puma guy wrote:"The Complete Story of the Galveston Horror" by John M. Coulter About the September 8, 1900 hurricane that struck Galveston Island.
I read a good book about that period Check out this book on Goodreads: The Promise http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18342363-the-promise

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Rereading Unlimited Access by Gary Aldrich about the debacle of Bill Clinton in the White House. It should be mandatory reading for anyone who expects respect and decency of public officials all the way to the White House. Have had kids read parts of the book and they even can't believe behavior of Clinton appointees and what they were able to get away with!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Second Amendment Primer, recommended by Pawpaw. I've also been reading off and on, Sun Tzu's - The Art of War.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Abraham
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Abraham »

bcooper,

Are you downloading your books free from the libary?

I too listen to a lot of audio books. (my favorite narrator being Dick Hill)

I've only paid for a few books not available from the library, as generally speaking most books are available there.

I just finished Dana Loesch book "Flyover Nation".

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Recently finished "Liberty's Last Stand" by Stephen Coonts. Good read. It's a rather optimistic look at a President named Barry Soetoro declaring marshal law and what Mr Coonts thinks could happen. Might also be a script for such an event to occur. Being from Texas I liked the way Texas took the lead in the resistance.
N5PNZ

flechero

Post by flechero »

Practical Shooting by Brian Enos.... but man, it's deep and wordy. I keep glazing over and having to come back to it!

past good gun related reads include:

Fighting Smarter by Tom Givens
Surgical Speed Shooting by Andy Stanford
Principals of Personal defense by Jeff Cooper
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth by Jeff Cooper

For anyone that carries a revolver, this is a good one: The Snubby Revolver by Dave Spaulding

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I just finished McCullough's biography of Harry Truman last night, about the third time I've read it. I'm planning to go to Independence later this year to see the Library, his home, etc.

I can't say I agree with Truman's politics but he always seemed to be a decent, honorable man who cared deeply and worked hard to to what he believed was right. Pretty high praise for a Democrat.

Before that, it was Sam Houston, by James Hale. Very interesting, indeed! It's about time for another pilgrimage to Huntsville.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

biomass1

Post by biomass1 »

Working by Studs Terkel. Published quite a few years ago, but still relevant. Clinton and Trump both need to read this. They would learn a lot about how real people see the establishment.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Colin Woodard
American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America

I highly recommend it.

PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

labrat1001001 wrote:I am currently reading The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. I'm 10% in and plan to finished by 8/31.
"rlol"

Return to “Books & Videos”