My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Topic author
CaptKirk
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Fort Worth

My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#1

Post by CaptKirk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:33 pm



My first video. It shows the basic EDC I use every day and hopefully yall can get some sort of info out of it. Thanks!
Hopefully this is allowed, if not please feel free to let me know and I will delete this post.


Richbirdhunter
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm
Location: DFW Denton County

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#2

Post by Richbirdhunter » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:40 pm

Good video
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

User avatar

Topic author
CaptKirk
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#3

Post by CaptKirk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Richbirdhunter wrote:Good video
Thanks buddy! I'll be making more in the future so anybody who wants to subscribe for more make sure to click that button to stay updated!


Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#4

Post by Taypo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Good stuff, man

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3987
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#5

Post by Jusme » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 pm

Great post for minimalist like myself. I almost went to check to see if my Leatherman super tool 200 was missing when I saw yours on the the table. My EDC is very similar but I carry a Buck vantage knife.like me your EDC won't take you through 72 hours in the wilderness but will get you home or out of a tight spot. I'm constantly surprised by how often I have to loan someone one or more of the items that I would never leave home without.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

Topic author
CaptKirk
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#6

Post by CaptKirk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Jusme wrote:Great post for minimalist like myself. I almost went to check to see if my Leatherman super tool 200 was missing when I saw yours on the the table. My EDC is very similar but I carry a Buck vantage knife.like me your EDC won't take you through 72 hours in the wilderness but will get you home or out of a tight spot. I'm constantly surprised by how often I have to loan someone one or more of the items that I would never leave home without.
Exactly. There have been so many people on youtube that post videos with a 1000+ dollar loadout for EDC when the most "operating" they do is drinking starbucks.

User avatar

Breny414
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 am
Location: Austin

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#7

Post by Breny414 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Excellent! You have a good drawl going there, too. Not un pleasing to listen to.

User avatar

Topic author
CaptKirk
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#8

Post by CaptKirk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Breny414 wrote:Excellent! You have a good drawl going there, too. Not un pleasing to listen to.
Thanks! Ill be making more videos as time goes by. Ill probably end up making 1 or two per week depending on how much content I can think of.


Smokey
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#9

Post by Smokey » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Nice! I like the cheapskate approach. I do want to get a small light like that.

The one time i tried to wear a glasses keeper, I forgot they were there, rolled over onto them, and smashed my glasses. :banghead:


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#10

Post by WTR » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:59 pm

Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.

User avatar

Topic author
CaptKirk
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#11

Post by CaptKirk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:08 pm

WTR wrote:Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.
The reason I like the inkjoy is because I can write much better cursive (which is my main form of writing).


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#12

Post by WTR » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:25 pm

CaptKirk wrote:
WTR wrote:Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.
The reason I like the inkjoy is because I can write much better cursive (which is my main form of writing).

Writing is the secondary reason I carry a pen. It also makes a lethal weapon and the airlines allow them. Zebra does make a roller ball or jell tip that writes nicely.. I applaud you if you are proficient in cursive......lost art.

User avatar

Topic author
CaptKirk
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#13

Post by CaptKirk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:46 pm

WTR wrote:
CaptKirk wrote:
WTR wrote:Only part I disagree with is the pen. I carry a steel barreled pen by zebra. They tend to penetrate better.
The reason I like the inkjoy is because I can write much better cursive (which is my main form of writing).

Writing is the secondary reason I carry a pen. It also makes a lethal weapon and the airlines allow them. Zebra does make a roller ball or jell tip that writes nicely.. I applaud you if you are proficient in cursive......lost art.
My 86 year old grandmother taught me when I was younger. The schools don't even try anymore. It's a shame. Notes are much faster and it looks much better than print when done nicely
On a side note I have never flown so I didn't think about that. That's a pretty good reason!

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#14

Post by Vol Texan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:17 pm

CaptKirk wrote:
WTR wrote:
I applaud you if you are proficient in cursive......lost art.
My 86 year old grandmother taught me when I was younger. The schools don't even try anymore. It's a shame. Notes are much faster and it looks much better than print when done nicely
On a side note I have never flown so I didn't think about that. That's a pretty good reason!
Believe it or not, cursive is the only writing that they're teaching my daughter in 2nd grade. Even though I don't use it myself, I'm glad to see them doing it at her school.
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com: Texas LTC Instructor & NRA Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Armored Cav. | Tennessee Squire

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 23711
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: My new video about every day carry (YouTube)

#15

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:17 pm

  • On my person:
    • Gun. 80% of the time, a G17. 20% of the time, a G43.
    • 1 spare magazine for either gun.
    • Noyfe. Most of the time, a Kershaw Ken Onion designed Tanto Blur. I have other smaller noyfe's for when the situation demands it, and a couple of bigger ones too. But most of the time, it's the Tanto Blue.
    • Light. A Fenix PD35.
  • In my EDC bag:
    • Multi-tool. A Leatherman MUT.
    • Two 20 oz bottles of hydration....usually Sobe Water.
    • A bag of beef jerky....Dan's Smokehouse Jerky - the best on the planet.
    • A backup pair of reading glasses.
    • iPad
    • Pen and Journal.
    • Either a small pair of cheap binoculars, or a Vortex 15X Recon R/T monocular.... depending on circumstances.
    • First aid kit.
    • Spare magazines for whatever gun I'm carrying, IF I think it necessary.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

Post Reply

Return to “Books & Videos”