Any Prepping books?

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 1

Any Prepping books?

Post by Soap »

Any new prepping books you'd recommend or just any in general?

gljjt

Re: Any Prepping books?

Post by gljjt »

SRO1911 wrote:For fiction, start with the 299 days series.
For practical, the Foxfire books are very hard to beat - albeit a little dated.
I 2nd the 299 Days series. Also One Second After and by the same author, Day of Wrath. In light of recent terrorist events, Day of Wrath will scare the pants off you.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Recommend the fiction books by James Wesley Rawles - packed full of useful information along with the story lines.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Try SEALs survivalists book. I think, other than water, food and meds very few things can be done to get prepared. You need a bag out walled community. Think of something like the end of the scene of "I am a legend" or "Mad Max" bail out cities. With nukes and biowarfare around,think doom days bunkers, a feat only government-level entities can prepare.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Lights Out is getting to be a bit old, but it's a good read...

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I second One Second After. I read it last week due to reference on this site and it definitely has me thinking of a variety of scenarios. It also gave me a new concept of the paranoid/prepared line of thought. Previous hurricanes in Houston were not widespread enough to knock people into truly difficult times but around the FM 1960 area we did have looting of businesses that certainly would have progressed to area homes if things had gone on longer.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Return to “Books & Videos”