C. Rodney James Books

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

C. Rodney James Books

Post by puma guy »

I have recommended books authored by Mr. James to many people, some here on the forum. Not a name as familiar to shooters as some writers. He updated one of his books, "Small Bore Rifles - A Guide For Rimfire Users" in 2018. He wrote an earlier book, "The Gun Digest Book of The .22 Rifle" also. He's the author of "The ABC's of Reloading" which has several editions and he's an accomplished shooter. I haven't read the reloading books, but I have read both his tomes on rimfires and I highly recommend them both. Anyone who shoots rimfires will find him to be most informative. I've seen questions on this forum and others that are answered in detail in his books. He's an interesting guy and has even written a couple of novels, but most interesting to me is something I wasn't aware of until I eventually looked him up on the web. I noted his very poor hand written notes on his targets and wondered why they were almost hen scratch in appearance. The picture below will explain that.

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: C. Rodney James Books

Post by flechero »

I was born to an academic family in Columbus, Ohio. Nothing important happened until age 15 at which time I was into making explosives. One June afternoon I decided to put together a pipe bomb, something I'd done before but was careless this time, failing to clean the threads of spilled explosive The last good grip I had on anything was on the pipe cap as I gave it one final twist. There might have been a sound like the pop a match makes when struck followed a millisecond later by a yard-wide ball of pale orange fire. The explosion knocked me back a couple steps. The right hand was gone the left shredded.

Three weeks in hospital and a month after that I was fitted with a back harness connected to a set of prosthetic arms each of which ended with a two-piece "split-hook." My initial reaction was disbelief at the crudity of such an arrangement.
His story and career path are a fascinating read.

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: C. Rodney James Books

Post by puma guy »

flechero wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:27 pm
I was born to an academic family in Columbus, Ohio. Nothing important happened until age 15 at which time I was into making explosives. One June afternoon I decided to put together a pipe bomb, something I'd done before but was careless this time, failing to clean the threads of spilled explosive The last good grip I had on anything was on the pipe cap as I gave it one final twist. There might have been a sound like the pop a match makes when struck followed a millisecond later by a yard-wide ball of pale orange fire. The explosion knocked me back a couple steps. The right hand was gone the left shredded.

Three weeks in hospital and a month after that I was fitted with a back harness connected to a set of prosthetic arms each of which ended with a two-piece "split-hook." My initial reaction was disbelief at the crudity of such an arrangement.
His story and career path are a fascinating read.
:thumbs2: :iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Books & Videos”