Don't Shoot: One Man, A Street Fellowship, and The End of Violence in Inner-city America by David M Kennedy

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Don't Shoot: One Man, A Street Fellowship, and The End of Violence in Inner-city America by David M Kennedy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Just finished reading the book brought up by MaduroBU in another part of the forum here (viewtopic.php?f=94&t=93828). Random thoughts;
- Wow....
- A lot of the moving parts are not new, but the way Kennedy combined them is something I haven't seen before
- As the two guys they borrowed from Proctor & Gamble in the Cincinnatti effort showed (page 241), there is a need for project managers (with backing from higher up stakeholders) to oversee the moving parts. Project Management isn't just for I.T. and Engineering anymore. (if only we could successfully implement project management in Congress, but I digress.....)
- page 215 in the book
- I think I now understand why Baltimore and Philadelphia are the way they are. At the risk of seeming Swalwell-esque, can we nuke them and start over?
- either Chicago is no longer working the plan, or they're applying it in the wrong areas.....or not enough areas.....
- the examples of why complex projects fail is consistent with instances I've seen in my own (non-law enforcement related) field
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Books & Videos”