Always Use A Shopping Cart

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Always Use A Shopping Cart

Post by oohrah »

My wife uses the cart as her walker, and I check her six.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

oohrah wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:58 pm My wife uses the cart as her walker, and I check her six.
pretty much the same with me.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I often use a shopping cart at the grocery store, most of the time I use one of the small (1/2 size) carts. Even when full I can generally push and steer it with one hand. This means I can keep my right arm free. I normally OC carry OWB at 3 o'clock. Thus my right arm hangs by my side with the magazine base plate in the crook of my right elbow. In order to snatch my pistol they must first move my arm out of the way and then release the retention on the holster, while perhaps not totally impossible It would be difficult for someone to do without me noticing and using my arm elbow and hand to counter the attempt. As to the cart, in any self defence encounter you forget about the shopping, it simply becomes used as a barricade, distraction, or weapon whichever is most appropriate in the circumstances. In that respect I certainly consider pushing a cart much less of a liability than carrying shopping bags.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I do cause of a bad leg and new balance issues! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “"How To" Tips”