Traveling with your Firearm

Do you have any tips to help others? Please post them here.

Moderator: carlson1

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Traveling with your Firearm

Post by OneGun »

Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

easy10

Post by easy10 »

Know a frequent traveler that was fined $3,000 and some odd amount for ammo in his carry-on. He just forgot. His legal service informed him the fine would be reduced if he paid it immediately, which he did.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Havens wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm Does anyone have pointers on how to fly with your handgun and possibly rifle?
I’d like to go visit Yellowstone, but don’t want to be out in the wild without a sufficient way to defend my family.
Handguns are easy. With the exception of nat'l park buildings, which are under federal law WRT to firearms carry, handgun carry is subject to the laws of the state(s) in which the park resides....which can change if you cross a state boundary while within the park. I’m reasonably certain that you could have an unloaded and secured long gun in your vehicle and/or trailer/motor home, but I would be sure to check with each state you’ll be traveling into or through about having that long gun loaded, as there may or may not be game/hunting laws in play. Be advised that shooting an aggressive bear or bison may not sit well with park rangers, even if morally justified. Personally, I have traveled with a travel trailer and brought along a shotgun in the trailer, which remained unloaded until I had set up camp; and I just relied on my carry pistol the rest of the time. I never felt particularly at risk, although the only wildlife encountered in any of the campgrounds we stayed in consisted of one large person of indeterminate gender who had a powerful thirst and a lot of beer. That was in Van Horn, of all places.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “"How To" Tips”