2 officers shot in southwest Houston

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 2 officers shot in southwest Houston

Post by dhoobler »

REWARD DOUBLED FOR SUSPECT IN SHOOTING OF 2 HPD OFFICERS
http://abc13.com/news/reward-doubled-[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... g/1777497/

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A scaled-back search continues for a suspected burglar involved in a shootout that left one Houston police officer critically injured and another in serious condition. A second suspect was killed by police.

Crime Stoppers and 100 Club are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the suspect's arrest.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

Houston's Mayor Turner indicated during a city council meeting today that Officer Ronny Cortez's lower body may be paralyzed. Not confirmed; will have to watch for more information.

http://abc13.com/news/injured-hpd-offic ... y/1779326/
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

The identity of the man who was killed Tuesday in the gun battle that wounded Officers Cortez and Munoz was revealed today:

Meet 25-year-old Earl Riley as shown in some of his past mug shots. His adult rap sheet goes back to 2009...as soon as his juvie status changed. Since he turned 18, good-neighbor Earl had been arrested for burglary, trespass, evading arrest, drug violations, and weapons violations. Best I can tell, he had been arrested as an adult at least 12 times in six years. He was charged with DUI just two weeks before the shooting. HPD Chief Acevedo said that Riley is believed to have had gang ties. Riley's family, of course, denies this.

Basically, it looks like this slime had been in trouble with the law most of his life. And of the multiple felonies he committed on February 28, shooting two Houston Police Officers was his last.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

Skiprr wrote:The identity of the man who was killed Tuesday in the gun battle that wounded Officers Cortez and Munoz was revealed today:

Meet 25-year-old Earl Riley as shown in some of his past mug shots. His adult rap sheet goes back to 2009...as soon as his juvie status changed. Since he turned 18, good-neighbor Earl had been arrested for burglary, trespass, evading arrest, drug violations, and weapons violations. Best I can tell, he had been arrested as an adult at least 12 times in six years. He was charged with DUI just two weeks before the shooting. HPD Chief Acevedo said that Riley is believed to have had gang ties. Riley's family, of course, denies this.

Basically, it looks like this slime had been in trouble with the law most of his life. And of the multiple felonies he committed on February 28, shooting two Houston Police Officers was his last.

Probably in the process of turning his life around, he would never have had gang affiliations, he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, got in with the wrong crowd, was a victim of society, if he had only had the advantages that others in his age group had, he may have been a major corporate CEO, but being a "victim" he was disenfranchised.

:roll:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”