YARC NRA birthday event (Ham Radio)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

YARC NRA birthday event (Ham Radio)

Post by G.A. Heath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:19 pm

I just learned of this and it's almost over, less than four hours to go at the time of my posting.

The Yavapai Amateur Radio Club is having a special event for the 147th birthday of the NRA at gunsite, mostly. The special event call sign is K7NRA Details at https://www.w7yrc.org/nrabirthday
I am also a Gun guy, Car Guy, and Computer Guy and a currently former podcaster.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: YARC NRA birthday event (Ham Radio)

Post by 2farnorth » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Heard them on 20 meters. Weak signal. Didn't have time/power to work through the pile up.
N5PNZ

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm

I was unable to work them myself, had trouble hearing them on 40 meters due to what sounded like AM traffic covering them up. Never heard them on 20 meters.
I am also a Gun guy, Car Guy, and Computer Guy and a currently former podcaster.

XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XDgal » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm

I came across them on 14.250, just above the noise floor. They were pretty busy, so I went and made a couple of contacts on up the dial. Went back a while later and didn't hear them any more. Would have been a good contact to have made. 73
XDgal

Return to “Off-Topic”