So...you didn’t get Stimulus check...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Re: So...you didn’t get Stimulus check...

Post by striker55 »

We live on our social security and will use the stimulus to pay bills. The raise we get every year doesn't amount to much, bills go up.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

We have not got anything and I am plenty good w/ that. If da guber ment says I have made too much to get it that is OK really. I know we ain't missed no meals and I have a little walkin round money in my back pocket this week for the 1st time in a while. We are better off now than we were 40 yrs ago even w/ Sweet Wife of 50 yrs not getting to work for a month through this. She is back to work now and we are :thewave :woohoo all is well.
May take me a little longer but I will still do the stimulus stuff I had planned. Holster first New shoes and 2 belts from young leather workers just getting started.
:fire :fire :fire
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

FrogFan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:03 pm I just checked the IRS site and this time I got the message "We need more information" instead of the previous message "Status cannot be determined". So, I proceeded to provide the information requested; some data from my 2018 return (I haven't filed my 2019 return yet) and my banking information. We'll see if I get any money.

My hypothesis is that if you didn't get a refund in 2018 or 2019, their software couldn't retrieve your bank information, even though they should have it (I owed last year and they took the amount I owed out of my checking account).

That did the trick! Thanks!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

FrogFan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:03 pm I just checked the IRS site and this time I got the message "We need more information" instead of the previous message "Status cannot be determined". So, I proceeded to provide the information requested; some data from my 2018 return (I haven't filed my 2019 return yet) and my banking information. We'll see if I get any money.

My hypothesis is that if you didn't get a refund in 2018 or 2019, their software couldn't retrieve your bank information, even though they should have it (I owed last year and they took the amount I owed out of my checking account).
Since I have paid in for the last 10 years (in business for myself) they said they didn't have enough information so I filled out the little questionnaire and then the next day the site said it would be mailed out on May 1st. I know I won't get the full amount but apparently I will get some, just don't know how much it goes down in the upper end of the salary requirement
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

If you enter your info and it does not recognize you, enter your address in ALL CAPS. Sounds stupid but I have been trying to log in since it opened and this worked today. I have to pay and I have not filed my 2019 yet so I entered my 2018 info along with my bank info and it says I will get my $ deposited to my account. Only the government could set up a system that can only recognize capital letters and not lower case.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

mrvmax wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:26 pm If you enter your info and it does not recognize you, enter your address in ALL CAPS. Sounds stupid but I have been trying to log in since it opened and this worked today. I have to pay and I have not filed my 2019 yet so I entered my 2018 info along with my bank info and it says I will get my $ deposited to my account. Only the government could set up a system that can only recognize capital letters and not lower case.
That's because all caps is shouting, they only listen when you yell. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”