Wanted: Two West Houston Election Clerks

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Wanted: Two West Houston Election Clerks

Post by Vol Texan »

I'm an election judge here in the west side of Houston. This year, they told me I'd have to require my clerks to wear a mask all day. I told them I wouldn't do that, because it's in conflict with the governor's instructions - so I was effectively un-invited to run my local precinct.

Well, yesterday I received notice from the county elections department that they would not require masks, and asked if I'd be the judge for a small precinct near me. I do enjoy helping in these events, so I quickly agreed.
Given that I only found out at the last minute, I need to quickly find two election clerks who want to take a day off work next Tuesday and join me in running the election at a local precinct.

It is a paid position (including pay for the required online training beforehand). It'll be off I-10, outside of 610, inside of Beltway 8, and we'll be working a 12-hour day (with breaks, of course). And yes, it's a polling place, so all poll workers are required to be unarmed, but rest assured that your Presiding Judge (me) is allowed to legally carry my .40 cal, and I'll be doing so.

The only requirement is that you're a registered voter in Harris county. If you're interested in joining me for the day, please send me a PM as soon as possible, and I'll get you the info for the required online training over the weekend (I believe it's about an hour or so).

Thank you!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

bbhack
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wanted: Two West Houston Election Clerks

Post by bbhack »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:52 am I'm an election judge here in the west side of Houston. This year, they told me I'd have to require my clerks to wear a mask all day. I told them I wouldn't do that, because it's in conflict with the governor's instructions - so I was effectively un-invited to run my local precinct.

Well, yesterday I received notice from the county elections department that they would not require masks, and asked if I'd be the judge for a small precinct near me. I do enjoy helping in these events, so I quickly agreed.
Given that I only found out at the last minute, I need to quickly find two election clerks who want to take a day off work next Tuesday and join me in running the election at a local precinct.

It is a paid position (including pay for the required online training beforehand). It'll be off I-10, outside of 610, inside of Beltway 8, and we'll be working a 12-hour day (with breaks, of course). And yes, it's a polling place, so all poll workers are required to be unarmed, but rest assured that your Presiding Judge (me) is allowed to legally carry my .40 cal, and I'll be doing so.

The only requirement is that you're a registered voter in Harris county. If you're interested in joining me for the day, please send me a PM as soon as possible, and I'll get you the info for the required online training over the weekend (I believe it's about an hour or so).

Thank you!
I'm an alternate here in Bexar. Tuesday is gonna be a snoozer, but the question is...
what if you can't staff your place?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “Off-Topic”