covid shots

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

covid shots

Post by powerboatr »

i searched but could not find a post on covid shots reactions

we waited until nov of this year to get ours, actually unscheduled travel to florida numerous times drove the decision as we were in contact with LOTS more people.

we did fine on shot #1 nov 8 lot # 039F21A, shot #2 Dec 6 lot # 032H21A we both got sick within 2 days and experienced severe breathing issues and slept upright for a several days, fever, coughing. throat closed up like we were breathing through a straw
i coughed so bad from drowning in my half sleep, that i vomited and then fought for air, what seemed like minutes, but it was only a 10 or so seconds.
we got our shots at Walgreens
we will not get the booster.

reported it to cdc :biggrinjester:

both our doctors stated we should not have got so sick
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: covid shots

Post by der Teufel »

No idea why you had such a bad reaction. My wife & I got vaccinated as soon as we could once the vaccines became available - in February of 2020. We got Pfizer because that's what we could get first. Second shot had mild ache in my arm and a bit of tiredness. Got the booster in November, pretty much same result as the second shot. Wife reported the same.

We're glad we are vaccinated and if future/better vaccines and/or boosters come out we'll likely get them too.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

Got vaccinated back in March, before we went to Cabo de San Jose, Lucas. Neither of us had any issues with the vaccine. We got boosters in October. Since we are Dallas Mavericks season ticket holders we wanted to have an extra layer of protection. Plan on going to Cancun in March. If we qualify we will get another booster. I have spoken to a number of co workers around the world. Most no symptoms and some felt tired or a sore arm for a few days.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

1st shot, no issues. 2nd shot made me sick as a dog for nearly 2 days.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I have a completely unscientific possible reason for your illness from the Covid shot. Some people "may" have gotten the virus early on with few or no symptoms. I still swear that happened to me in January 2020. I had very mild symptoms. You body builds up a natural immunity and sees the shot contents as an attack by something for which you already have immunity. My wife and I got the J&J single dose shot. My wife who did not have the same illness in January that I did had no problems while I was sick for several days after the shot.

As I understand it, the worst symptoms including fatality are NOT the result of the virus. It gains nothing if it kills every host that it inhabits. Dead people don't help it spread. The bad symptoms come from our own immune system responses. Some people react more significantly to things than others. My wife had chemotherapy and didn't have terrible reaction to the two drugs that she was given. Some people react with a cytokine storm - one of same reactions that people have to the Covid virus. Doctors know how to counter the storm in chemo patients but, for whatever reason, chose not to treat Covid patients in the same way.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:07 am i searched but could not find a post on covid shots reactions

we waited until nov of this year to get ours, actually unscheduled travel to florida numerous times drove the decision as we were in contact with LOTS more people.

we did fine on shot #1 nov 8 lot # 039F21A, shot #2 Dec 6 lot # 032H21A we both got sick within 2 days and experienced severe breathing issues and slept upright for a several days, fever, coughing. throat closed up like we were breathing through a straw
i coughed so bad from drowning in my half sleep, that i vomited and then fought for air, what seemed like minutes, but it was only a 10 or so seconds.
we got our shots at Walgreens
we will not get the booster.

reported it to cdc :biggrinjester:

both our doctors stated we should not have got so sick
Moderna or Pfizer ?

Sounds like maybe you both got COVID at the same time as your shot #2. It would be unusual for both of you to have an allergic reaction to shot 2 when neither had an allergic reaction to shot 1.

My shot 2 (Moderna) was 12 hours of sore arm, then 12 hours of alternating chills and sweats, then 12 hours of feeling crummy (sore all over, headache, tired). Shot 3 (also Moderna) was only a slight headache for 36 hours. Solved with Tylenol. Hardly any sore arm on shot 3.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

About 60 days after shot two, I began to grow a tail.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:14 pm About 60 days after shot two, I began to grow a tail.
Well yeah, didn't everyone?
I mean, I didn't mention that because it's such a common side effect. Nothing to see here… :drool:
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

seph

Post by seph »

der Teufel wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:20 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:14 pm About 60 days after shot two, I began to grow a tail.
I mean, I didn't mention that because it's such a common side effect. Nothing to see here… :drool:
I'm jealous my tail never grew in. My pair of horns did though.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

seph wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:14 pm
der Teufel wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:20 pm
I'm jealous my tail never grew in. My pair of horns did though.
Good, but if they are not at least a 13" inside spread, then they are not legal.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I've heard that some people who have had COVID and then get the shot... experience the feeling of COVID all over again. Not fatal, but not fun.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have had both shots and the booster as has my wife. With our breathing issues, our doc (also our friend) let us both know that if we were to catch it, it would most likely to be deadly for us.
I had no symptoms from the first one. Had an issue with blood pressure on the second one but cant say it was from the shot because doc had been trying to get BP under control for a while and just started a new med. Also had a sore arm with the second shot. The booster was no issue except for a very sore arm that lasted about 4 days. We had dinner with the doc a couple of nights after the shot and I accused him of breaking the needle off in my arm :mrgreen: .
My wife had sore arm with all 3 but the booster made her slightly ill for a day or so. Nothing major, just said she felt blah.
We both had the Maderna vaccines.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jerry_r60 »

I know the reason they have you sit for 15 minutes the shot in case you have an allergic reaction. I've not heard of an allergic reaction coming days later. Just because I have not heard of it doesn't mean that's not what it was but it does seem to at least be rare if that's what it was.

After my first shot (Moderna) I felt like I had mild flu. Weak, tired, body aches, chills for one night and still tired and weak the next day, just not feelign normal that next day.

After the second shot I just felt kind of tired and weak for a day.

After booster, maybe a little tired.
Last edited by jerry_r60 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

got 1st moderna with 1st responder group in January, 2nd shot Feb 4th, boosted Oct 22
Day after 2nd shot during February ice storm. i had been standing over a portable gas heater & felt warm, so i took an ibuprofin & realized the gas heater was warm too. my arm ached a while after both1st & 2nd shot. They said to exercise the arm... that was why it ached, i do not like exercise.

I am part of the TexasCares U.T.study and my antibodies were off the chart protecting me over 2,500 per ml in Sept, 8 moths after the 2nd dose, but i got a booster in October anyway because after EACH of the 1st 2 shots i had more energy like A VITAMIN B-12 , cleaned the house the car mowed the grass, even took a bath once, I got up from the lazyboy to fetch the remote control etc. ...Now, over a month after 3rd Shot Oct booster, i just got results back on second antibody test and i'm still "off the chart protected" over 2,500 antibodies per ml (that's as high as it measures) So, I'm glad I did it & can still pick my nose without washing my hands, that sanitizer hurt when i rubbed my eyes

Since i actually felt better more energy etc after vaccines, I also later got a shingles Shingrex shot last year which hurt way more than the Moderna.
Last edited by NotRPB on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jerry_r60 »

NotRPB wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:37 am got 1st moderna with 1st responder group in January, 2nd shot Feb 4th, boosted Oct 22
Day after 2nd shot during February ice storm. i had been standing over a portable gas heater & felt warm, so i took an ibuprofin & realized the gas heater was warm too. my arm ached a while after both1st & 2nd shot. They said to exercise the arm... that was why it ached, i do not like exercise.

I am part of the TexasCares U.T.study and my antibodies were off the chart protecting me over 2,500 per ml in Sept, 8 moths after the 2nd dose, but i got a booster in October anyway because after EACH of the 1st 2 shots i had more energy, cleaned the house the car mowed the grass, even took a bath once, I got up from the lazyboy to fetch the remote control etc. ... over a month after my Oct booster, i just got results back on second antibody test and i'm still "off the chart" over 2,500 antibodies per ml (that's as high as it measures) So, I'm glad I did it & can still pick my nose without washing my hands, that sanitizer hurt when i rubbed my eyes

Since i actually felt better more energy etc after vaccines, I also later got a shingles Shingrex shot last year which hurt way more than the Moderna.
I had worse Flu type symptoms from the Shinglex than I did from the Covid Vax.

Return to “Off-Topic”