Breakfast in the Hill Country NW of San Antonio?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Ruark
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Breakfast in the Hill Country NW of San Antonio?

Post by Ruark »

Heh, these discussions can go on forever. What's OK for one person is too far for another, and then vice-versa. For me, Bulverde means slogging up 1604 and back, which really takes the fun out of it. Then for those who live closer to the Bulverde area, Kerrville is a stretch.

I'd be fine with an early lunch near 1604/I10, as long as I didn't have to get on 1604. There's an Olive Garden, Red Lobster and a Longhorn Steakhouse there. AFAIK, no open carry, though.

Personally, I'd be fine with a 10 a.m. breakfast at Acapulco in Kerrville.
-Ruark

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:40 am Heh, these discussions can go on forever. What's OK for one person is too far for another, and then vice-versa. For me, Bulverde means slogging up 1604 and back, which really takes the fun out of it. Then for those who live closer to the Bulverde area, Kerrville is a stretch.

I'd be fine with an early lunch near 1604/I10, as long as I didn't have to get on 1604. There's an Olive Garden, Red Lobster and a Longhorn Steakhouse there. AFAIK, no open carry, though.

Just curious, if you live near Comfort, why would you go all the way down to 1604 to get to Bulverde instead of going down I-10 and cutting over on 46 right into Bulverde? Or 473 over then down 281? Is there something wrong with 46? That's how I was thinking of getting to Bulverde if we end up there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

C-dub wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:55 pm
Ruark wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:40 am Heh, these discussions can go on forever. What's OK for one person is too far for another, and then vice-versa. For me, Bulverde means slogging up 1604 and back, which really takes the fun out of it. Then for those who live closer to the Bulverde area, Kerrville is a stretch.

Just curious, if you live near Comfort, why would you go all the way down to 1604 to get to Bulverde instead of going down I-10 and cutting over on 46 right into Bulverde? Or 473 over then down 281? Is there something wrong with 46? That's how I was thinking of getting to Bulverde if we end up there.
You know, you're right, I can run down 46. It's still a bit of a drive compared to Kerrville, but I could swing it if it's not too early.
-Ruark

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:36 am

You know, you're right, I can run down 46. It's still a bit of a drive compared to Kerrville, but I could swing it if it's not too early.
Well, since we will be on "vacation" I'm not wanting to do anything too early. :cool: ;-)
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:36 am

Well, since we will be on "vacation" I'm not wanting to do anything too early. :cool: ;-)

I'm glad there's nothing wrong with 46. I was worried it might be under construction or something that I was unaware of from up here.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Where are you thinking of eating in Bulverde?
-Ruark

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:58 pm Where are you thinking of eating in Bulverde?
Due to my extensive knowledge of the area, so far I can spell Bulverde correctly most of the time without having to look at a map, I was thinking about this place. (Ay Chiwawa! Mexican Cafe) I know only what I've seen on the internet from their menu and reviews. One downside is that they post an invalid 30.07 according to Texas3006.com, but I wouldn't want to push it and have to scramble to find somewhere else to meet/eat. So, any local insight and input would be appreciated.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I have no idea. All I know is that for me, it has to have GOOD traditional breakfast grub - bacon and eggs, omelets, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy, etc. None of this flippity-dippity yuppie stuff.....
-Ruark

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 pm I have no idea. All I know is that for me, it has to have GOOD traditional breakfast grub - bacon and eggs, omelets, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy, etc. None of this flippity-dippity yuppie stuff.....
Oh, I actively avoid flippity-dippity stuff at all costs. "rlol"

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

10 days out and I would still hope to meet up with some folks. However, it also looks like sporadic rain and even though we are still planning on riding down planning a get together like this might be a bit too optimistic. Heck, we may not even be up to getting out Saturday morning if it's raining too much. Or if it's raining too much Friday morning we might postpone our Twisted Sister ride until Saturday if the forecast seems better and just chill on Friday.

For now, I think scheduling a meetup is still a bit premature, but keeping an open mind.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Just a few days away and I'm gonna have to put this meet-up on hold. We're not even sure we will be making the trip due to weather since the trip is on motorcycles. I'm okay in the rain, but my wife is not so much and the other rider has only been riding a year or two and this was his first overnight trip on a bike. So, we aren't sure yet.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

Well, I am disappointed but not surprised. Looking at the weather made me think it would not be a good day to ride. I had plans to use my truck to get to the meet-up if we had it and the rain came that morning.
Steve Rothstein

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, let's put it on hold for now. No problem.
-Ruark

Return to “Off-Topic”