Try that in a Small Town

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Try that in a Small Town

Post by Rafe »

P.S. The YouTube view count was 6.5 million yesterday at 5 p.m. This morning at 7:00, it's 8.5 million.

And what kind of idiots would think that the rioting scenes were staged for the video? What kind of budget do they think a country music video has? :???: Of course it was actual news footage. After all, there were dozens of hours of it, complete with all the looting and burning you'd ever want.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

grnamin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by grnamin »

Rafe wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:36 am P.S. The YouTube view count was 6.5 million yesterday at 5 p.m. This morning at 7:00, it's 8.5 million.

And what kind of idiots would think that the rioting scenes were staged for the video? What kind of budget do they think a country music video has? :???: Of course it was actual news footage. After all, there were dozens of hours of it, complete with all the looting and burning you'd ever want.
The kind who deny reality all the time.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

Rafe wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:36 am P.S. The YouTube view count was 6.5 million yesterday at 5 p.m. This morning at 7:00, it's 8.5 million.
24 hours later, 12.1 million views. Just sayin'.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:16 am
Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:13 pm I guess I'm a crochety, obsolete old fart, but I was liking him until I saw those big freaking earrings.....
I am right there with you and yeah, I think we are getting old. When I was a teen, one earing stud was going out on a limb and the saying was always something like left is right and right is wrong? Or something to that affect. But even back then, most of us questioned the masculinity of the males getting an earing. Now they all do it right before tattooing some kind of dumb _______ all up and down their arm. They think it is cool now. Hahaha... if any of them are not too stupid to live another 40 years, they are going to feel like real live idiots.
Wow…country music sure has changed. I guess this is the new thing in country…some guy named Jelly Roll who crossed over from hip hop.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:50 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:16 am
Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:13 pm I guess I'm a crochety, obsolete old fart, but I was liking him until I saw those big freaking earrings.....
I am right there with you and yeah, I think we are getting old. When I was a teen, one earing stud was going out on a limb and the saying was always something like left is right and right is wrong? Or something to that affect. But even back then, most of us questioned the masculinity of the males getting an earing. Now they all do it right before tattooing some kind of dumb _______ all up and down their arm. They think it is cool now. Hahaha... if any of them are not too stupid to live another 40 years, they are going to feel like real live idiots.
Wow…country music sure has changed. I guess this is the new thing in country…some guy named Jelly Roll who crossed over from hip hop.

He reminds me of a fat Kid Rock.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

It really strange that this song (don’t know the song or the singer) is under such scrutiny. Rap music is about cop killing, drugs, gangs, drive-by’s, etc…. You could put a rap son on thr forum it would have to be deleted. They can’t play them on regular TV all the words would be bleeped out. However this song is something horrible. Makes no sense.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:16 pm It really strange that this song (don’t know the song or the singer) is under such scrutiny. Rap music is about cop killing, drugs, gangs, drive-by’s, etc…. You could put a rap son on thr forum it would have to be deleted. They can’t play them on regular TV all the words would be bleeped out. However this song is something horrible. Makes no sense.
What’s insane is that the left media (but I repeat myself) has been accusing Aldean's song of inciting racial lynchings. It’s a preposterous and baseless charge. Here’s a link to the lyrics: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lyrics+to+tr ... iax=lyrics

I have seen a couple of "reaction" videos on YouTube in which a black man or men watched the Aldean video to see if it was offensive to them or not. In each case, the men involved all said that they understood and either were not offended by its message, or they wholeheartedly endorsed it.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Nobody with any working brain cells believes the video is racist. The real issue is that they object to the video because it features riots that the left wanted to memorialize as peaceful protests.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:12 pm >…The real issue is that they object to the video because it features riots that the left wanted to memorialize as peaceful protests.
:iagree:

Return to “Off-Topic”