It is now time to open Texas 100%

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: It is now time to open Texas 100%

Post by OneGun »

The Biden benefits by releasing infected people into the country to keep spreading the disease. This allows him to keep his control/power over the people. Covid subsiding is bad for the DemocRATS.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 24

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

If a store has a mask required sign, I will wear one. Truth is, the folks working in that store are at a pretty high risk of being exposed due to all the people they are forced to contact every day. I know they don't "have" to work there but like every one else, they have to earn money to pay their bills or sit on their butts while my tax dollars pay their bills. Option one earns my respect. Option two makes me despise everything about their existence.
It is good enough for me that it is no longer government mandated. Freedom to choose is back. I am kind of excited about all the new "Karen" videos we will soon be seeing of people getting trespassed from stores as they scream about their rights while ignoring that they are on private property.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Flightmare »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm If a store has a mask required sign, I will wear one. Truth is, the folks working in that store are at a pretty high risk of being exposed due to all the people they are forced to contact every day. I know they don't "have" to work there but like every one else, they have to earn money to pay their bills or sit on their butts while my tax dollars pay their bills. Option one earns my respect. Option two makes me despise everything about their existence.
It is good enough for me that it is no longer government mandated. Freedom to choose is back. I am kind of excited about all the new "Karen" videos we will soon be seeing of people getting trespassed from stores as they scream about their rights while ignoring that they are on private property.
Attachments
156461358_3002837936600768_8774418785213807883_n.jpg
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm thinking of stapling my mask to the wall in my reloading room so I don't forget what Govt. Oppression looks like!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 24

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:35 pm I'm thinking of stapling my mask to the wall in my reloading room so I don't forget what Govt. Oppression looks like!
Don't forget to frame a Dr. Sues book, a Mr. Potato Head and a can of Coke. And if leftist scum has their way, teen aged girls will be forced to share locker rooms and rest rooms with mentally confused men who claim they are women because they like to wear their mommies panties. This garbage is seriously out of control.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:59 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:35 pm I'm thinking of stapling my mask to the wall in my reloading room so I don't forget what Govt. Oppression looks like!
Don't forget to frame a Dr. Sues book, a Mr. Potato Head and a can of Coke. And if leftist scum has their way, teen aged girls will be forced to share locker rooms and rest rooms with mentally confused men who claim they are women because they like to wear their mommies panties. This garbage is seriously out of control.
It appears to be this is the beginning of the dark ages!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

My wife and I both turned 79 last month. We got our second covid shots yesterday. My wife is on our city council and runs into people who may not even take a bath, let alone wear a mask, and practice 'social distancing'. We'll continue to wear a mask when in public. YMMV?

"Good night and good luck".

srothstein
Posts in topic: 8

Post by srothstein »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:48 pmIt appears to be this is the beginning of the dark ages!
I always preferred the term Robert Heinlein used to describe it. We are living through "the crazy years". I only pray that the end result is not what happened in his stories - a theocratic dictatorship.
Steve Rothstein

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Masks only work when you make ‘the other guy’ wear one.There is a secret one way nanotechnology in your cloth neck gaiter that only stops #MuhDroplets on the way out, but won’t protect me from breathing them IN, if I wear one. So you must wear a mask to protect me, even if you already had and recovered from the Kung Flu 🤧 or are fully vaccinated. This is because #TrumpsFault and also Stormy emoluments of collusive traitorous insurrections.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Masks only work when you make ‘the other guy’ wear one.There is a secret one way nanotechnology in your cloth neck gaiter that only stops #MuhDroplets on the way out, but won’t protect me from breathing them IN, if I wear one. So you must wear a mask to protect me, even if you already had and recovered from the Kung Flu 🤧 or are fully vaccinated. This is because #TrumpsFault and also Stormy emoluments of collusive traitorous insurrections.
I was confused before. After reading this, I completely understand. :thumbs2:
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Killadocg23 »

tomneal wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:15 am

I am still very confused by his post.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

The Pfizer vaccine makes your arm sore the next day, don't know about Moderna or JNJ. I have seen folks get the virus multiple times, but my presumption is that those tens of thousands of cases are merely part of normal distribution of hundreds of millions (if not billions by now). The virus isn't particularly adapated to evade adaptive immunity apart from some slightly novel glycosylation of the spike protein, though that isn't unique to COVID-19 (influenza does this, and we produce novel and effective* Flu vaccines every single year).

*The vaccines themselves work. The guesses as to which hemagglutinin and neuraminidase combinations will be most prevalent are....guesses.

Mel

Post by Mel »

Pfizer did NOT make my arm sore, first or second dose. Different people have different reactions.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I had the Moderna and my shoulder was uncomfortable the next two days.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

srothstein
Posts in topic: 8

Post by srothstein »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:08 am
tomneal wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:15 am

I am still very confused by his post.
What is being pointed out, though in a humorous fashion, is the fact that a cloth mask cannot protect you from catching the virus. There are several reasons for this, such as the fact that a cloth mask does not seal to the face and the virus bug is smaller than the filtering capability of the mask. Add in that the mask doesn't cover the eyes or protect other susceptible tissues from exposure and you can see how it cannot protect the wearer from exposure. Ask any vet who went through military training for combat in an NBC or CBR environment and they will fully understand this. If they went through in the 70s or 80s like I did, see if they can describe MOPP IV gear to you. It was the protective gear for a contaminated area.

But, a mask does protect others from a person who is contaminated. When you breathe, if you have the virus, it is exhaled contained in the moisture droplets in your breath. The water droplets are so much larger than the virus that they can be stopped by the mask. Obviously, this is based on the assumption that the person wearing the mask actually has the virus. This is not usually true but it explains why you heard so many people yelling about you not knowing if you had the virus or not and how you could transmit it without being symptomatic. They had bought into the masks and needed to believe this to convince you to wear a mask. It also ignores the report that a cloth mask does not necessarily stop water droplets but might just break them up into smaller drops which enhances the transmission of the virus. This report was dropped quickly from the news and the urge to wear multiple layers of masks pushed instead.

So we have no evidence that a cloth mask protects the wearer at all. And there is no way a mask can protect others from a person who does not have the virus. But a mask might offer some protection to others if the wearer happens to have a virus, but it is not guaranteed at all.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Off-Topic”