PC Cancel Culture

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 4

Re: PC Cancel Culture

Post by Chemist45 »

Powerboater wrote
i see the south texas ranchers worried about illegals crossing thier land and are afraid to stop them..bull its private property and if you feel feared then you have that right to take action
Rights mean nothing without the ability to back them up.
Put yourself in the rancher's shoes - He is in legitimate fear for his life from the mob of illegals crossing the boarder and heading toward his house.
He protects his home, wife and minor children with deadly force.
People die.
60 min does a 20 min slot on the trigger happy rancher who killed innocent people.
They interview the illegals (Now staying in a 5 star hotel and eating steak every night compliments of CBS) who say they were just looking for water. They were dying of thirst. "My baby needed water".
CNN does a nightly update. Counting the days that the murdering Texan has been out of jail.
AOC does a photo shoot with the grieving families and promises justice.
Brown Lives Mater starts a nightly protest at the rancher's home and where he shops.
#StopHatefulRancher trends on twitter.
Now he can't shop anywhere. His money's no good. The cattle buyers won't buy his cows. The feed store wont sell to him. The vet won't visit. The credit companies cancel his cards.
The bank terminates his checking account and calls the note on his ranch.
Dan Crenshaw is the deciding vote on a national Red Flag law and the local cops seize his guns.
Eventually BLM and Antifa team up to slaughter his cattle and burn his home.

Society works when the majority follows the rules. Once a majority breaks the rules, we have anarchy.
And that is what BLM and Antifa want.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chasfm11 »

BigGuy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:30 pm
OneGun wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 pm The notion of free speech in the country is GONE! Just like Dr. Seuss and Pepe Le Pew! Social Media gave people the ability to blast their voice and silence many people out of fear. There is no mutual respect for having a contrary viewpoint. You are either assimilated or your GONE.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I grew up in the Baptist Church. We spent a lot of time speculating about the "End Times." We understood that the "666" thing was a symbol for the real "Mark of the beast." In recent years, I've come to believe it is this PC stuff. If you want to buy or sell, you must have the Mark of the Beast. Sounds exactly like what is happening now with the Cancel Culture.
enthusiastically tow the line, or go broke.
But the cancel culture only works when society as a whole goes a long with it or, at least, doesn't resist it. As an example, Chick-fil-a was under attack a few years back by the LGBTQ militants. The public response on the suggested boycott was to flood the restaurants with people. If that happened more often, the cancel culture would be emasculated.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

Chemist45 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:20 pm Powerboater wrote
i see the south texas ranchers worried about illegals crossing thier land and are afraid to stop them..bull its private property and if you feel feared then you have that right to take action
Put yourself in the rancher's shoes - He is in legitimate fear for his life from the mob of illegals crossing the boarder and heading toward his house.
People die.
60 min does a 20 min slot on the trigger happy rancher who killed innocent people.
They interview the illegals (Now staying in a 5 star hotel and eating steak every night compliments of CBS) who say they were just looking for water. They were dying of thirst. "My baby needed water".
CNN does a nightly update. Counting the days that the murdering Texan has been out of jail.
Brown Lives Mater starts a nightly protest at the rancher's home and where he shops.
Now he can't shop anywhere. His money's no good. The cattle buyers won't buy his cows. The feed store wont sell to him. The vet won't visit. The credit companies cancel his cards.
Dan Crenshaw is the deciding vote on a national Red Flag law and the local cops seize his guns.

Society works when the majority follows the rules. Once a majority breaks the rules, we have anarchy.
It's called a tractor! SSS, Shoot, Shovel, Shutup!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 45

Post by philip964 »

https://rare.us/entertainment-and-cultu ... cancelled/

Ace Ventura Pet Detective on chopping block

I never appreciated Jim Carey, now that he's a flaming liberal, I like him even less now.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

philip964 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:13 am https://rare.us/entertainment-and-cultu ... cancelled/

Ace Ventura Pet Detective on chopping block

I never appreciated Jim Carey, now that he's a flaming liberal, I like him even less now.
Wow.

I was watching this recently and said to myself, Why isn't Jim Cary getting canceled for this?
NRA Life Member

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Chemist45 »

Good. Cancel it and Jim Carey along with it. Make them play by their own rules.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

My hope was that this thing would start to slow down once they began to eat their own. Now I am not so hopeful. When any 15 year old with a twitter account can decide to target something and get enough "likes" to have it canceled by virtue signaling corporations, we as a society are in serious trouble. I think it is a game to some people to see how far they can go.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thecollegefix.com/growing-n ... c-english/

Academic English language canceled due to racism.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

People die.

OH crappie i had not thought about it in the turn of things
dam if he does and dammed if he does not.

the tractor and covering it up and being silent sounds like a good option.
:tiphat:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:32 am Good. Cancel it and Jim Carey along with it. Make them play by their own rules.
Yeah he is a no talent hack. Slapstick is not easy to pull off and he stinks,Steve Martin is an example of a comedic actor with talent and range.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/g ... teen-vogue

A young woke woman with a small amount of African heritage who is editor of Teen Vogue Magazine fired for anti Asian tweets she made when she was 17 despite her apologies.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rafe »

This just in...
WASHINGTON, DC, March 25, 2024 — The Harris administration's fourth surgeon general, Dr. Maurice Windecker, was asked for and has tendered his resignation to the president. It was discovered that Windecker, 51, tweeted in 2007 a blatantly racist slur. At the time a practicing dermatologist, Windecker wrote, in part, "Skin is skin, no matter its melanin content. It's important for African Americans to use sunblock, too."

Even though the Tweet is now 17 years old, the public outcry over the evidence of Windecker's inherent and systemic racism has been overwhelming. "This administration and the United States has always been and will always be about unity and inclusion," said President Kamala Harris in a press conference this morning. "Dr. Windecker has resigned his post effective immediately. Let this be a signal that racism, in any form or disguise, will never be tolerated or excused."

The president said that she would announce her pick for the next surgeon general in the near future. Insiders within the Democratic Party have indicated another strong push to appoint Dr. Jill Biden to the office. When Dr. Biden's name was raised prior to Windecker's appointment, Senator Ted Cruz (R - Texas) Tweeted, "But she isn't a medical doctor. She has no medical training or scientific background at all." Some feel that the continued resentment over that personal attack on Dr. Biden may be enough to motivate President Harris to name her to the post this time.
:biggrinjester:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2021/03/ ... es-n346478

More on the firing of the woke liberal Vogue Teen editor for a tweet from 10 years ago. Commentary by a conservative mom that feels for her, despite their serious political differences.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Senior Teen Vogue staffer who supported Alexi McCammond’s ousting used ‘N-word’ in decade-old tweets

https://www.foxnews.com/media/senior-te ... old-tweets

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

She is partially Asian.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:25 pm
People die.

OH crappie i had not thought about it in the turn of things
dam if he does and dammed if he does not.

the tractor and covering it up and being silent sounds like a good option.
:tiphat:
So how wise is it to be posting things that are illegal on a public forum? I do not think it is a good idea to post publicly an intent to break the law especially when involving killing people (even if the claim for killing was self defense). Maybe it's just me.

Return to “Off-Topic”