Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez to be Picked to Head ICE

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez to be Picked to Head ICE

Post by Rafe »

https://abc13.com/politics/harris-count ... /10553557/
President Joe Biden announced he will nominate several people to serve in national security positions, including Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez, who's being named nominee for Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
After serving 18 years with the Houston Police Department, Gonzalez retired in 2009 to serve three terms on the Houston City Council representing District H. He was elected by his peers in 2010 to serve as Vice Mayor Pro-Tem and was appointed Mayor Pro-Tem in 2012 by then-Mayor Annise Parker.
I'm neutral on the appointment...I guess. Gonzalez has been at least a less-obvious political animal than Acevedo--but clearly he is still a politician--and I have no idea what in his experience indicates he should be leading ICE. It's not as if Harris County law enforcement gets itself involved in immigration issues; they're a "don't ask, don't detain" county for illegal aliens.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Off-Topic”