But did she have the intent to break the law

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

But did she have the intent to break the law

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-employee-acc ... 28723.html

Female FBI employee arrested. She had classified information on her home computer.

Tex1961

Re: But did she have the intent to break the law

Post by Tex1961 »

Sorry officer, I didn’t intend to break the speed limit. Doesn’t matter, I still broke the law whether I intended to or not.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

she is guilty, no reason at all to have classified info on a personal machine.
throw her in jail, and she can use the hillary excuse to get off
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Maybe she can wipe it, like, with a cloth or something.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

"No reasonable prosecutor would bring charges.'

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

Fake news. The FBI doesn't care about classified information. Only interested in shooting dogs and citizens in no knock raids.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Fake news. The FBI doesn't care about classified information. Only interested in shooting dogs and citizens in no knock raids.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I'll say this about that: I've personally taken training many times on the subject of handling classified information. What she did was flat out wrong. Non-classified on a government laptop at home? Maybe, depending upon the material in question. Classified? Nope, no way. Whatever happens to her, she brought it on herself.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Anyone with classified, secret or top secret clearance knows the rules of handling the material. EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) had (and probably still has) top secret CNWDI (critical nuclear weapons design information) and we had a guy kicked out for a violation of how he handled the info. In the 90's our munitions info was kept on microfiche and it would be transported between our base and our quarters we lived in for range clearances. We had secure storage at both places and an E3 decided he would keep the microfiche under his pillow overnight instead of putting it in the safe (I guess he was too lazy to walk 50 feet to the safe and open it up). I think it was just classified and not secret if I recall correctly, the info was used for guys studying for tests to advance in rank, we had to memorize all kinds of useless info about different munitions. He was relived of his position and kicked out for that. She knows what is wrong and what is not, prosecute her.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Can anyone say Hillary Clinton and Classified materials in the same sentence and still believe the FBI will always follow the law?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

ELB

Post by ELB »

Teamless wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:58 am Can anyone say Hillary Clinton and Classified materials in the same sentence and still believe the FBI will always follow the law?
ding ding
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:22 am I'll say this about that: I've personally taken training many times on the subject of handling classified information. What she did was flat out wrong. Non-classified on a government laptop at home? Maybe, depending upon the material in question. Classified? Nope, no way. Whatever happens to her, she brought it on herself.
I got a serious education in handling classified when I was a second lieutenant and watched the careers of a major and a colonel get blown up by an error in accounting for a classified microfiche -- an error that might have been simply an administrative typo. This provided a lot of my zeal when I was appointed the security manager for our unit, which had reams and reams of classified paper and computer media. That "additional duty" kept me awake some nights.

But in my few interactions with other agencies outside the DoD, I got the distinct impression that they did not take information security nearly as seriously as the DoD, or at least my part of the Air Force.

And over the years it has become very clear that the higher up the government food chain, the less seriously people take the rules that get the little people's lives destroyed.
USAF 1982-2005

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

ELB wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:23 am
And over the years it has become very clear that the higher up the government food chain, the less seriously people take the rules that get the little people's lives destroyed.
That's always been one of my pet peeves. I was also in the USAF, and maintained equipment in the base communications center. Security was taken very seriously, but has always been very lax in Washington.
Charlie

Return to “Off-Topic”