Like Button

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Like Button

Post by Tex1961 »

Any way you admins can activate the like button on the board... phpbb boards should have that function... So many times myself and others want to let the poster know we liked their post without having to post ourselves.. It makes for a cleaner board...

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Like Button

Post by Rafe »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:57 pm Any way you admins can activate the like button on the board... phpbb boards should have that function... So many times myself and others want to let the poster know we liked their post without having to post ourselves.. It makes for a cleaner board...
I can't speak for Charles, of course, but actually, phpBB doesn't have the function; never has and at this point I guess it never will. People on the phpBB "Extension Forums" have been asking for and talking about it for a decade. Everything that's ever been available (to my knowledge) has been a third-party add-on that would have to be trusted, hope its codding is kept current, and then have to be managed/updated separately. And none of the handful that have appeared have lasted very long. One was called "Post Love" but it's been abandoned for a few years now. https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2246576 There's another one out of Russia that was never very popular and was last updated over a year ago, for phpBB v3.3.0; current version is v3.3.4 released last May. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... r_posts_2/

Not phpBB, but I've had CMS websites in the past breached solely due to vulnerabilities opened up by third-party plugins. I personally avoid all but commercial, for-fee, popular add-ons produced by known-stable companies with solid reputations. So it doesn't surprise me that we don't have what on the surface seems like a simple, common feature found everywhere from Reddit to Facebook.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Like Button

Post by Tex1961 »

I run a board, it was phpbb but got converted without my permission to Taptalk. It does have that function. It’s been so long since it got changed that maybe it didn’t before.

Return to “Off-Topic”