situational awareness or lack of

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

situational awareness or lack of

Post by powerboatr »

This post is not directly aimed at firearms. but in a weird way is.

my wife drives a 2012 edge, its in pristine condition. I don't drive it much except to get oil changed and maybe once a week to store for her
she has weather tech window vent visors all around. her windows are tinted dark in rear and as dark as legal in fronts, which are still tinted pretty dark. car is tri color pearl white and visors are dark like the windows, almost invisible.

98% of time she backs in from street under the carport which sits askew from house at an angle of about 40 degrees from street, we have to walk between carport and house to get to front of house driveway, so i dont usually look at the passenger side.

so today in preparations for her long road trip coming up, i move the car out to wash it and make sure its all "GOOD"
as i am rinsing the road dirt off, i notice the passenger side front door vent visor is "missing" ..this is very odd. i looked to see if there are any signs of an attempted break in or any damages around the window. there is none. these visors slide in the window upper and front track so they cant just fly out if windows are up and we don't drive with them down more than an inch when she smokes.

so i finish washing and drying the car and put i back under the carport, come in and ask my wife if she knew the vent visor was missing. Of course she is unaware. so i start back tracking to when or where it may have departed or been removed and came up with ZIP.
i looked at our cameras and it seems its been missing since at least 18 oct evening :nono: thats as far back as i have video, that i can clearly see the passenger side
i have no idea and we have both been on a few long drives since then in the car together, so one would think one of us would have noticed it missing.
to make matters WORSE and me feel like i have been in twilight zone, i cleaned all the windows in her car last Monday, and never noticed it was departed in action so it had to be there in the afternoon
so to make a long story short.
we have had a very stressful last few months with family members passing and other crud.
so if we missed this little trinket, we could have very easily missed a bad guy/girl approaching us.
time for some eyeball training
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”