The latest woke nonsense

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The latest woke nonsense

Post by wheelgun1958 »

srothstein wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:52 pmMinor technical correction, but Doane did not slaughter any of the first people. He slaughtered members of the Piegan Blackfeet tribe. The First People in what is now known as North America were paleolithic hunters, commonly referred to as Paleo-Indians that crossed the land bridge from Siberia around 30,000 years ago. By comparison, the Blackfeet coalesced as a group/culture/tribe around 1,000 years ago. With several other immigration waves between the First and the Blackfeet tribe, they can hardly be called "First People".

And since they were not the first, I find the name "First Peoples Mountain" highly offensive when referring to any of the American Indian tribes that commonly claim to be "natives". Lies bother me when it comes to historical fact.

NATIVE AMERICANS HAVE DEEP ANCESTRY IN EUROPE

https://dnaconsultants.com/native-ameri ... -official/

"Great Surprise"—Native Americans Have West Eurasian Origins

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... a-genetics

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The latest woke nonsense

Post by srothstein »

This is not really a surprise to anyone who has read any of the archeological stories. If humans really did evolve in the area where Asia, Africa, and Europe all meet, and we spread from there to all over the planet, then the question is not why American Indians have Eurasian DNA, but more why the Siberian people have not been recognized as also having Eurasian DNA.

It also raises the question of whether we can determine anything at all about geographic and ethnic history by reading DNA. I asked this question when I first got my DNA done on Ancestry.com. It said I was 100% Ashkenazi Jewish. But Jewish is a religion and not something genetic. So how do they tell my Russian, German, or other European ancestry from the other Russian and Germans who were not Jewish? My answer is that it is all really a guess based on other hints like looking at other cultural norms such as names.

But in either case, the Blackfeet were not one of the First Peoples, the name is as wrong and offensive as naming it after the explorer. I also claim that Native American is incorrect, and calling them indigenous is also incorrect.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Off-Topic”