The latest woke nonsense

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Re: The latest woke nonsense

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:59 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:43 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... r-neutral/

Airport screening to become more gender neutral.

Xiden administration goes all in for transgendered.
When I read the announcement this morning, I had a slightly different take on it. By making the policies gender free, the TSA is announcing that they will search more women. If they had any sense to their policies, they have been searching people based on how closely the person matches profiles for the average terrorist, hijacker, smuggler, or other criminal. Almost all terrorists and so forth are male. Most are white (think of the history of hijackings), a lot are Black or Muslim. There are some females that also did this but, as with most crime in general, they are the exception to the rule.

So, if they adopt gender free policies on who to search, it means they will be searching more women. While the crime statistics have always been based on biological sex, I will guess that they will be searched more based on their apparent or claimed sex now also.
Transgenders are suffering from a mental illness but fortunately the only danger from them is their desire to recruit 6 year old's into their fold in an effort to make themselves feel like they are not mentally diseased.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:49 am
Transgenders are suffering from a mental illness but fortunately the only danger from them is their desire to recruit 6 year old's into their fold in an effort to make themselves feel like they are not mentally diseased.
I wish that was the limit of problem, as bad as it is. But I think the whole transgender push is part of the larger attempt to confuse people about who they are in the broader attack on the nuclear family. As evidence, I would offer my view of a heterosexual couple walking in public yesterday. It would have been easy to mistake either of them for the opposite sex. She looked like a man and he looked like a girl. Go onto the college campuses and this is rampant. I doubt that either of them was actually a trans but they clearly are actively supporting the concept. It was refreshing to attend our granddaughter's high school graduation party and see the girls dressed in dresses (some of them way too revealing) and the boys not adorned with female accessories. I would be willing to bet that if you assembled the same group two years from now after a few semesters of college, they would appear radically different. IMHO, the worst of the trans activists are not directly trans.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

chasfm11 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:49 am
I wish that was the limit of problem, as bad as it is. But I think the whole transgender push is part of the larger attempt to confuse people about who they are in the broader attack on the nuclear family. As evidence, I would offer my view of a heterosexual couple walking in public yesterday. It would have been easy to mistake either of them for the opposite sex. She looked like a man and he looked like a girl. Go onto the college campuses and this is rampant. I doubt that either of them was actually a trans but they clearly are actively supporting the concept. It was refreshing to attend our granddaughter's high school graduation party and see the girls dressed in dresses (some of them way too revealing) and the boys not adorned with female accessories. I would be willing to bet that if you assembled the same group two years from now after a few semesters of college, they would appear radically different. IMHO, the worst of the trans activists are not directly trans.
:iagree:

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:49 am
From what I see, things on campus are getting better, not worse.
My oldest is out of college a few years now.... The woke became so bad over her last 18 months that she fell out of relationships with girlfriends she'd had for 2+ years. She only keeps up with 2 friends from college now.
My youngest just finished his sophomore year.... and he and his friends don't stand for any of the woke nonsense. He took an African Studies class this last semester and rated it 100% even handed, 0 woke. He had a short list of culture-related classes to pick from to meet a school requirement that included Native American and other cultures... That's about as woke as his experience has been so far.
We have the "occupy" generation and their enablers that have grown up to be the "woke" generation.... I believe these are mostly the same individuals, plus those a few years younger. The next generation (young 20's and younger) are not following along. At least from what I see.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I just got this in an email. I called my agent to cancel all of my insurance. The agency says that they got the "news" yesterday and that State Farm the organization is back-peddling.

As the link says, State Farm sponsoring the books in Florida for 5yos is in violation of the new DeSantis law - which is exactly why the LGBTQ activists goaded them into doing it. This is Disney 2.0 Hopefully, some of these companies will start getting the message.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/leak-sta ... t00nadlnoe
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:35 pm I just got this in an email. I called my agent to cancel all of my insurance. The agency says that they got the "news" yesterday and that State Farm the organization is back-peddling.

As the link says, State Farm sponsoring the books in Florida for 5yos is in violation of the new DeSantis law - which is exactly why the LGBTQ activists goaded them into doing it. This is Disney 2.0 Hopefully, some of these companies will start getting the message.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/leak-sta ... t00nadlnoe
Thanks for posting about State Farm. I saw and forgot to post.

I’ve been meaning to get new quotes on my homeowners policy.

You know the Statefarm agents are going ape right now.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:55 pm
You know the Statefarm agents are going ape right now.
Mine certainly is. At his request, I put my concerns in an email and sent it to him. But i fear that, like Disney, the State Farm executives would much rather financially damage their company that show any backbone with the activists. I cannot image why a State Farm policy holder who was not woke would not be threatening cancellation. I certainly don't want to do that. But I'm not going to be a willing participant in funding, even a very small amount, the perversion of elementary school children.
Dum Spiro, Spero

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

I am so glad my sons are adults, happily married, etc. We raised them in the most inappropriate manner by today's standards. First, they had a loving mom and dad that taught them that when they married, it is supposed to be with their forever mate. Choose wisely. Second, with a Jewish father and Methodist mother, we taught them to respect different faiths. We ultimately decided to raise them in the Methodist church, and the church supported our teachings of a moral compass, community service, and a belief in a higher being. Third, we educated them to think for themselves, not gravitate to any group just to feel part of something. They learned independence. Fourth, we prepared them to be independent, train/educate them for vocations/careers that will enable them to provide for themselves and raise a family. As the husbands, their wives may choose to stay home to raise the kids. Fifth, we taught them gun safety, and the proper ways to handle, carry and use a firearm. They all carry because today's church of wokism is nuts. I fear for my grandkids because public schools are more about indoctrination than education. None are school-age yet, and my kids and their spouses are thinking about private schools.

By today's standards, we really screwed up our sons. I'm so proud!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 4
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

With regard to the green movement and "global warming":

Sometimes the greenies will quote some scary stats about the atmosphere based "on a consensus of scientists."

Well, the way science works is that a theory is tested by the initial theorist/scientists. Details of the experiment are documented and available to other scientists.

The other scientists test the theory by applying the same data and methods. If the results are identical, then the theory is validated.

The scientific method does not rely on "consensus". Only if others using the same methods and data produce the same results, is the theory proven.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 pm With regard to the green movement and "global warming":

Sometimes the greenies will quote some scary stats about the atmosphere based "on a consensus of scientists."

Well, the way science works is that a theory is tested by the initial theorist/scientists. Details of the experiment are documented and available to other scientists.

The other scientists test the theory by applying the same data and methods. If the results are identical, then the theory is validated.

The scientific method does not rely on "consensus". Only if others using the same methods and data produce the same results, is the theory proven.

SIA
Scientists create a computer model of the atmosphere, then they add increasing minuscule amounts of CO2. Low and behold their model shows the average Earth temperature rising ( it is rising because we are still coming out of an ice age).

They issue scary predictions based on their computer model.

They receive lots of money from liberal governments who want us to take mass transportation.

Ten years later the real Earth doesn’t show warming like their computer model predicted. So they say it’s actually worse because they didn’t account for climate change that is occurring.

They get more money to refine their computer models.

Then they say extreme weather is being caused by global warming and climate change and we only have ten years.

They get more money.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

It's rather enlightening to look back decades to the predictions about the earth being unlivable in "x years". Well, we are all still here.

Look at the famous people who have multiple mega mansions and their own private jets. I'm looking at you Al Gore and Leonardo Dicaprio.

SIA

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by striker55 »

I think a big meteor will hit earth and change the climate, probably before all the predictions of climate change!

surprise_i'm_armed

The woke mob loves to fear monger, be it Covid-19, monkey pox, or what have you.

Recently the news stated that a large meteor was going to pass by Earth closely. How close did we come to being hit? 3 million miles.

Well, maybe for an astronomer who generally works in "light years", 3 million miles would seem close.

To the rest of us.......yawn.

SIA

03Lightningrocks

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:48 pm The woke mob loves to fear monger, be it Covid-19, monkey pox, or what have you.

Recently the news stated that a large meteor was going to pass by Earth closely. How close did we come to being hit? 3 million miles.

Well, maybe for an astronomer who generally works in "light years", 3 million miles would seem close.

To the rest of us.......yawn.

SIA
I dunno man! I felt my hair on my arms standing up as it passed by! :mrgreen:

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:47 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 pm With regard to the green movement and "global warming":

SIA
Scientists create a computer model of the atmosphere, then they add increasing minuscule amounts of CO2. Low and behold their model shows the average Earth temperature rising ( it is rising because we are still coming out of an ice age).

They issue scary predictions based on their computer model.

They receive lots of money from liberal governments who want us to take mass transportation.

Ten years later the real Earth doesn’t show warming like their computer model predicted. So they say it’s actually worse because they didn’t account for climate change that is occurring.

They get more money to refine their computer models.

Then they say extreme weather is being caused by global warming and climate change and we only have ten years.

They get more money.
i watched a thing on BBC the other week about methane emissions from LIVING creatures.. remember the left going after cows because they fart. well there is a mussel/mollusk thing that releases over 100 times more methane per year than all the cows worldwide.. but the methane is pressurized by heavy weight of sea water until it breaks through ( think fart underwater) then does a MEGA release. so will lefties greenies now want to kill sea creatures that also filter the water
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”