The latest woke nonsense

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 3

The latest woke nonsense

Post by Ruark »

The latest nonsense... it never ends.

- New York City just passed a law banning ANY new natural gas hookups, to "save the planet." That means NO more gas heating or gas cooking. So if you live in New York City and you hate cooking on electric stoves (as I do), you're outta luck.

- Several major California school districts (e.g. Sacramento, Los Angeles, Oakland, etc.) have banned the use of D's and F's for school grading. It's not fair for some kids to be better than others.
-Ruark

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 8

Re: The latest woke nonsense

Post by powerboatr »

Ruark wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:12 am The latest nonsense... it never ends.

- New York City just passed a law banning ANY new natural gas hookups, to "save the planet." That means NO more gas heating or gas cooking. So if you live in New York City and you hate cooking on electric stoves (as I do), you're outta luck.

- Several major California school districts (e.g. Sacramento, Los Angeles, Oakland, etc.) have banned the use of D's and F's for school grading. It's not fair for some kids to be better than others.
i saw that on the news and started shaking my head... ca is deliberating banning diesel fueled motor homes and campers from out of state in a few years.

i have a friend who lives in CT and its nuts with fuel prices and the insanity of oil or nat gas to heat the home. they are burning a cord of wood a month to heat the home because wood: being really expensive is less than oil or gas to heat the house.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

I consider Cali and NY occupied states. Newsom is not a legitimate governor. Obviously stolen recall election. And any state where Cuomo could have been Governer for even a short time when he should have already been in prison is crooked as hell.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

powerboatr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:42 pm i have a friend who lives in CT and its nuts with fuel prices and the insanity of oil or nat gas to heat the home. they are burning a cord of wood a month to heat the home because wood: being really expensive is less than oil or gas to heat the house.
That seems to be the way the Global Warming--sorry, Climate Change--frighteners are trying to steer us. Because everything having to do with fossil fuels is bad. But...

Does burning wood instead of fossil fuels increase GHG emissions?
https://energynews.us/2013/05/10/does-b ... emissions/
"Gunn co-authored a 2010 study that concluded the amount of carbon released per unit of energy is actually greater for forest biomass than it is for fossil fuels. That’s because wood isn’t a very energy-dense material, which means you have to burn a lot more tons of it to match the energy output of gas or coal."
Fast-forward to 2070. The world's forests and jungles have been largely depleted...or in the case of California, burned in out-of-control wildfires due to incompetent governmental management. As a result, global oxygen production via photosynthesis is 25% lower than it was in 2022, but the world's human population has topped 11 billion, an increase of 42%. Breathing at sea level is now like it used to be breathing at altitude in the Himalayas...only the smell is much, much more unpleasant. Her Excellency the UN Overlord Environmental Czar, still grimacing, snarling, and spitting at the age of 67, Greta Thunberg tells the world to start burning books and furniture for heat, just like the Only Our Lives Matter movement burned the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution. She tells the world's people to eat synthetic clothing items if they get hungry; that they should boil sewer water for something to drink; and generally just to shut up and stop whining. Because we've been successful in reducing global fossil fuel use by 12%--even when including Russia and China--so the human species and the planet are winning! The global famine and average life expectancy dropping to 51.6 years don't matter. We're doing the right thing. Just get over it...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

With all their enthusiasm about electric cars and such, it makes me wonder if they realize how much natural gas is used to produce electricity across the country. Then we have coal fired plants... and of coarse nuclear with the associated waist that remains toxic for 10,000 years or more. Maybe we can dam up some more rivers and completely eliminate river spawning salmon to produce electricity. My point being that these people are completely ignorant to the real part petroleum plays in our daily lives as they drink from plastic bottles(petroleum based) of water, madly tweet anti oil propaganda on their Iphones made from oil byproducts while watching that TV incased in petroleum based plastic. They are complete idiots.

philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

I’m just glad I’m old. I can’t imagine the world in 30 years.

Al Gore said in 2009:

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. (Wieslav) Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years.

In 2007 while picking up his Nobel Prize he said in his speech:

“Last September 21, as the Northern Hemisphere tilted away from the sun, scientists reported with unprecedented distress that the North Polar ice cap is “falling off a cliff.” One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study, to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week, warns it could happen in as little as 7 years.”

If you have noticed the North Pole is still there.

There is no punishment for being so wrong, just more money and accolades.

Electricity prices it appears are skyrocketing in Europe where they drank the kool aid some time ago about renewable energy.

So a while back there was an ice age. We are still coming out of that. The Earth is very gradually warming because of the ice age ending not because of the 0.004% increase in CO2 in the last 70 years. The sea levels are rising at a very predictable rate as well. Global warming is a good thing. That is why they like climate change now. The additional CO2 in the atmosphere is making the planet greener. NASA has reported it. Plants breathe CO2, without it everything on Earth dies.

It didn’t take long before they were blaming the tornados in Kentucky on climate change. The whole CO2 fraud is the perfect crime. Take something necessary for life and make it a villain then blame something totally unpredictable on it - weather.

It is all about control. Just like the pandemic. Getting the free people to go in lock step under their control.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:18 am I’m just glad I’m old. I can’t imagine the world in 30 years.

Al Gore said in 2009:

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. (Wieslav) Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years.

“Last September 21, as the Northern Hemisphere tilted away from the sun, scientists reported with unprecedented distress that the North Polar ice cap is “falling off a cliff.” One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study, to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week, warns it could happen in as little as 7 years.”

Electricity prices it appears are skyrocketing in Europe where they drank the kool aid some time ago about renewable energy.

So a while back there was an ice age. We are still coming out of that. The Earth is very gradually warming because of the ice age ending not because of the 0.004% increase in CO2 in the last 70 years. The sea levels are rising at a very predictable rate as well. Global warming is a good thing. That is why they like climate change now. The additional CO2 in the atmosphere is making the planet greener. NASA has reported it. Plants breathe CO2, without it everything on Earth dies.

It didn’t take long before they were blaming the tornados in Kentucky on climate change. The whole CO2 fraud is the perfect crime. Take something necessary for life and make it a villain then blame something totally unpredictable on it - weather.

It is all about control. Just like the pandemic. Getting the free people to go in lock step under their control.
Those of us who were teens in the seventies remember them claiming 10-20 years until Miami was completely covered in water. They have been playing this game for so long it hurts.

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ruark »

Sequel:
Newsom banned the sale of off-road gas engines (e.g. chainsaws, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.) starting in 2024.
-Ruark

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

NYC is in trouble if they ban natural gas hook-ups. That will leave them with heating oil, the predominant heating fuel on the East Coast. That is better??

Morons they are!!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:25 am
philip964 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:18 am I’m just glad I’m old. I can’t imagine the world in 30 years.

Al Gore said in 2009:

Those of us who were teens in the seventies remember them claiming 10-20 years until Miami was completely covered in water. They have been playing this game for so long it hurts.
yep, and when we were younger kids is the '60s the very same jerk that later started the "global warming" garbage was predicting an on-coming ice age "due to smog". Same guy!

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

cirus

Post by cirus »

I'll just kick back and watch the show. Should be a good one.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 4
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Boston Harbor (Everett, Mass.) has a very large LNG (liquefied natural gas) facility that holds something like 60% of the US supply.
No new pipelines are allowed to be built in the area to move the LNG farther. Many New England homes use heating oil in their home furnaces.

So, here in Texas, natural gas is flared off, while LNG supplies from overseas (Russia? Europe?) are going UP, UP, UP in price. Biden and his fellow travelers have moved our country from energy independence to begging OPEC to open their spigots wider. He's a tool.

With regard to EV's (electric vehicles), where do the libs think the electric power is coming from? They don't like coal. Hydroelectric dams may hinder the movements of fish. Nuclear - big red flag for the greenies. I guess once enough EV's are a big enough share in the US fleet and the electric generating plants fail, maybe they will rethink their opposition.

Electricity can't make electricity. Just sayin'

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:59 pm Boston Harbor (Everett, Mass.) has a very large LNG (liquefied natural gas) facility that holds something like 60% of the US supply.
No new pipelines are allowed to be built in the area to move the LNG farther. Many New England homes use heating oil in their home furnaces.

So, here in Texas, natural gas is flared off, while LNG supplies from overseas (Russia? Europe?) are going UP, UP, UP in price. Biden and his fellow travelers have moved our country from energy independence to begging OPEC to open their spigots wider. He's a tool.

With regard to EV's (electric vehicles), where do the libs think the electric power is coming from? They don't like coal. Hydroelectric dams may hinder the movements of fish. Nuclear - big red flag for the greenies. I guess once enough EV's are a big enough share in the US fleet and the electric generating plants fail, maybe they will rethink their opposition.

Electricity can't make electricity. Just sayin'

SIA
and new yorks outgoing disaster mayor is punishing the people of new york city because they voted him out..so now he signed a law to prevent any new construction of homes or office to use natural gas
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

https://13wham.com/news/local/brighton- ... nable-past

School bans “ Jingle Bells” due to being racist.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:16 am https://13wham.com/news/local/brighton- ... nable-past

School bans “ Jingle Bells” due to being racist.
OMG how stupid are people getting, who cares it may or may not have been performed the first time in black face....

i doubt her research is accurate,

Return to “Off-Topic”