War with Russia- John Kerry goes on offense.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 16

Re: War with Russia

Post by powerboatr »

parabelum wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:22 am
C-dub wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:36 am I don't get it. Why do we, the US, have any say over whether or not Poland gives any planes to Ukraine? I understand they want to go through Ramstein (sp.), but why not just take them directly to Ukraine? Why doesn't Poland just tell Ukraine to send some pilots over and we'll let them fly the planes back to Ukraine?

I don't get it. It sounds so simple.
Logistically I think there is more than meets the eye. Poland would not just give their fighter jets without some re-supply to their fleet. Then it is who will re-supply them. If it is US, then we would (I assume) have to prep the re-supply aircraft such that sensitive/proprietary technology is removed, as an example.
That’s my best view.
yup poland will only give up the migs that ukrainians are accustomed and trained on, if WE the US allow poland to buy f16s.. i say why not let them buy f16s. everyone else has them, its not like they are a secret weapon. i bet we have hundreds sitting in the desert that could be put back into flying status. plus we the US get to send companies in to train the poland maintenance folks and this mean spares, long tterm rework contracts etc. its a win for US aircraft industry
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

C-dub wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:36 am I don't get it. Why do we, the US, have any say over whether or not Poland gives any planes to Ukraine? I understand they want to go through Ramstein (sp.), but why not just take them directly to Ukraine? Why doesn't Poland just tell Ukraine to send some pilots over and we'll let them fly the planes back to Ukraine?

Logistically I think there is more than meets the eye. Poland would not just give their fighter jets without some re-supply to their fleet. Then it is who will re-supply them. If it is US, then we would (I assume) have to prep the re-supply aircraft such that sensitive/proprietary technology is removed, as an example.
That’s my best view.
I understood that this was the real crux of the US decision. Poland can give the MiG's to Ukraine without our permission. But they cannot afford to do it on their own and they were asking for us to replace their MiG's with US made fighters.
Do we want to give Poland any of our approved for transfer fighters? And if we do, why not give them directly to Ukraine? After all, should we give our fighters to a country who is clearly willing to give them away to another country later?

And if I were president, there is no question. Russia invaded on Feb 24 and the 82nd Airborne would have dropped in on the on the 25th. We would not be giving any equipment to anyone, just sending our troops in with the equipment to use it. But I have admitted my bias in favor of Ukraine based on ancestry. Well, that and several years spent training to kill Russian soldiers.
Steve Rothstein

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by BigGuy »

srothstein wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:20 am

That’s my best view.
I understood that this was the real crux of the US decision. Poland can give the MiG's to Ukraine without our permission. But they cannot afford to do it on their own and they were asking for us to replace their MiG's with US made fighters.
Do we want to give Poland any of our approved for transfer fighters? And if we do, why not give them directly to Ukraine? After all, should we give our fighters to a country who is clearly willing to give them away to another country later?

And if I were president, there is no question. Russia invaded on Feb 24 and the 82nd Airborne would have dropped in on the on the 25th. We would not be giving any equipment to anyone, just sending our troops in with the equipment to use it. But I have admitted my bias in favor of Ukraine based on ancestry. Well, that and several years spent training to kill Russian soldiers.
Trump could have done that. Bidden can't. He has NO credibility as a serious threat. That's the problem we face now. Even if Bidden magically grew a pair, Putin wouldn't believe it. We probably lost this war before it started, when Bidden won the White House.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

It's my belief that besides the continual punishing attacks on civilians Putin intends to destroy all sources of food and water to starve them as Russia did in 1932 when an estimated 5 million Ukrainians starved to death. This lunatic is a complete and utter sociopath and psycho. That anyone believes his tripe is simply astonishing to me.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Post by philip964 »

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/04/20 ... the-world/

Biggest bulls eye in the world before Houston.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:48 pm https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/04/20 ... the-world/

Biggest bulls eye in the world before Houston.
yes wyo is the largest land stockpiled of missiles our subs at sea have plenty as do the ruskies

but putin was put as saying he was going to use tactical smaller nuke warheads less than 1 kiloton and small radius of bad stuff, winds and all to demorialize and kill ukrainians . its past time we as a nation stand up and do more, not attack russia but make them feel more pain.

yes he and we have missiles very capable of reaching russia from us soil as do they from russia to us

scary stuff. it would be a weird last few hours if both decided it was time to launch.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Paladin
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Paladin »

Energy policy in both the US and Europe has been catastrophic: Russia Confirms Europe ‘Significantly Increased Gas Purchases,’ Funding Ukraine War

I feel that the neo-cons want Cold War 2.0 and this is how they are helping Putin fund it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Paladin wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 pm Energy policy in both the US and Europe has been catastrophic: Russia Confirms Europe ‘Significantly Increased Gas Purchases,’ Funding Ukraine War

I feel that the neo-cons want Cold War 2.0 and this is how they are helping Putin fund it.
they have no idea how much money we as a nation spent in the cold war with russia.. it is almost to much to put down on paper
did nothing but fund the war machine and 200 dollar hammers
as a sailor i could tell you about the huge waste of money we spent to drive russian ships crazy.
and in turn they did the same to us. we never picked up their ships garbage like russians. i had to be on a detail once that all we did was toss stuff overboard so the russian following our ship would stop to scopp up the trash. we played lots of dumb games. i filled so many "classified bags" with crap its not even funny .
patton was correct, we should have finished germans and not stopped until we got to moscow.

our foriegn policy has sucked in regards with ukraine, bush promised aid and great things, he turned his back to fight in iraq and afghan, obama failed to support them , and trump tried to regain the help and well we know what happened, obiden cant even place them on a map.
i feel for the people there, i have been there and its very disheartening to see whats being allowed to take place now.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

Disappointed with Austria, might rethink Glock until or unless they change their stance.
I am understanding of neutrality stance Austria is trying to hold to a point, BUT, here we are dealing with a regime that is conducting industrial scale war crimes following a invasion of a sovereign Country.
My personal appetite for apologists and inhibitors of freedoms hiding under ideological curtains and political charades is no more.

“Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg spoke at the 14th European media summit this week, saying that Ukraine should not receive candidate status in June.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/austrian- ... ine-europe

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/r ... g-tonight/

Russia turning off gas to Poland and Bulgaria unless they pay in Ruples starting tonight.

I think Trump warned you.

How’s Xiden’s approval of that Russian pipeline looking now.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/margarita ... es&via=rss

Kremlin has no choice but to use nuclear weapons.

They are being forced to use them by Foreign support for Ukraine and Ukraines attacks inside Russia.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a5e46b4c-c ... c0386b2f48

“My God they have a madman on their hands”

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

There are other things I could say, but the most important is: Please, please let Admiral Rachel be better at her job than Karine Jean-Pierre is at hers.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I think we are losing in this war.

I’m hearing we’re going to give up a really bad dude some merchant of death for this womens BB player who has admitted to smuggling drugs into Russia.

My friend who escaped Moscow at the beginning of the war was told before she went to Russia to buy any vape pens in Russia not to try and bring them in.

In the old days this was called an “ugly American” you know traveling to a foreign country and being stupid.

Didn’t some Rich kids from SF go to Italy and stab a police officer to death and proclaim “ they thought they we being robbed during a drug sale “

Xiden I guess gets to have another chance to show how weak he is.

The left will say he is a hero along with this woman. Shades of Obama.
Attachments
0D30F7D8-FE66-4F17-9981-9976BA4724B4.jpeg

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:24 pm I think we are losing in this war.

I’m hearing we’re going to give up a really bad dude some merchant of death for this womens BB player who has admitted to smuggling drugs into Russia.

My friend who escaped Moscow at the beginning of the war was told before she went to Russia to buy any vape pens in Russia not to try and bring them in.

In the old days this was called an “ugly American” you know traveling to a foreign country and being stupid.

Didn’t some Rich kids from SF go to Italy and stab a police officer to death and proclaim “ they thought they we being robbed during a drug sale “

Xiden I guess gets to have another chance to show how weak he is.

The left will say he is a hero along with this woman. Shades of Obama.
What was it she said about them violating or not explaining her rights? The moron doesn't understand that she only has those rights in the country who's national anthem she won't tolerate. I guess when you are forced to compare America to the REAL rest of the world, it ain't such a bad place after all.

Return to “Off-Topic”