A Ukraine and Russia post

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 28

Re: A Ukraine and Russia post

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:49 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:53 pm
extremist wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:47 am I'm not an apologist for anyone, Trump, Putin, Russia, Ukraine, Biden, or AOC. I just have my eyes wide open and don't believe anything the media or the government tells me.

Done here on this thread.
YOU are the one who said that Russia's aggression was justified because Ukraine had "provoked" it. Are you backtracking now?

Here extremist…this is for you… Your pals on behalf of whose invasion you’ve been advocating, have been committing repeated war crimes against innocent civilians who are trying to escape. These ones were deliberately gunned down by Russians as they were trying to flee from the battle. The elderly. Young married couples. Families. Even their dogs. In your book, this is justified, because "reasons". I'm posting links rather than embedding the videos. Enjoy the visuals. I hope they haunt you. The Russian army are savages, and they’re governed by a fascist pig. God will judge us all, but what Russia is doing is completely beyond redemption.

https://youtu.be/vmNole9dQRU

https://youtu.be/OV0HgDRw2co

https://youtu.be/Mb3_R__r7Go

Every single one of these people (and their pets) would still be alive today if Putin weren’t demonically possessed. But keep defending him.
Putin is a psychopath and his army is reflective of him. I would refer to them as a bunch of animals, but that would be insulting to animals. Maybe monsters better describes them. Their behavior sickens me to the very depths of my soul.
There’s more…

https://youtu.be/OavheiatQwQ
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964
Posts in topic: 29

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/bucha-massacre-m ... 27353.html

Bucharest massacre most outrageous atrocity.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Not Bucharest.. Bucha..😎
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

philip964

Post by philip964 »

:???:
Blackhorse1 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:32 am Not Bucharest.. Bucha..😎
Dang auto correct.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... a89462c1aa

Murder is not a sin to a Commie. There is no sin.

Mayor, spouse and son executed in small town, Russians abandoned. Who does that remind you of?

Paladin
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Paladin »

Sadly the Ukrainians and Russians share a lot of similarities:

Bret Baier Asks Volodymyr Zelenskyy About Azov Battalion Reportedly Shooting POWs
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I guess no more Geneva Convention.

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 14

Post by eyedoc »

philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:43 pm I guess no more Geneva Convention.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russ ... SKBN1WW2IN

WORLD NEWS
OCTOBER 17, 201912:25 PMUPDATED 2 YEARS AGO
Russia's Putin revokes Geneva convention protocol on war crimes victims

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin has revoked an additional protocol to the Geneva Conventions related to the protection of victims of international armed conflicts, a Russian parliamentary website cites a letter from him as saying.

The Additional Protocol I to the 1949 Geneva Convention was ratified by the Soviet Union’s Supreme Council, or parliament, in 1989.

Putin’s letter, dated Oct. 16 and addressed to the speaker of lower house of parliament on the “recall of the statement made at the ratification”, said an international commission, set up in order to investigate war crimes against civilians, “has effectively failed to carry out its functions since 1991”.

“In the current international environment, the risks of the commission’s power abuse by the states, which are acting in bad faith, are increasing significantly,” says the document cited by the website that documents laws proposed and passed by the Russian parliament.

It also said that there was no Russian representative on the commission, while Russia has been regularly paying its fees.

It gave no further details about what prompted the decision.

Russia has been accused by critics of causing multiple civilian deaths since its involvement in the Syrian conflict. It was also blamed for killings of civilians during its short war with Georgia in 2008. Moscow denies the allegations.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 28

Post by The Annoyed Man »

eyedoc wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:44 pm
I saw this tweet just this morning. Putin's domestic propaganda program is pretty successful.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:33 pm
eyedoc wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:44 pm
I saw this tweet just this morning. Putin's domestic propaganda program is pretty successful.
Seems as if a few people here are falling for it too.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

eyedoc wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:04 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:43 pm I guess no more Geneva Convention.
Russia has been accused by critics of causing multiple civilian deaths since its involvement in the Syrian conflict. It was also blamed for killings of civilians during its short war with Georgia in 2008. Moscow denies the allegations.
Causing civilian deaths during war and executing people because they are the mayor and their family, are two totally different things. And certainly executing POW's is wrong as well. That only hurts your POW's as the other side then will do the same.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I saw some things on the news today concerning this conflict that just made smoke come out my ears. Putin's military is torturing, raping and killing innocent civilians and then just leaving their dead bodies laying all over the place. Politicians of coarse are all squealing about war crimes and having a trial...blah blah blah. Does anyone really believe we will do anything at all about what Putin has done? I don't believe it for one second. We sure as heck are not going to declare war on Russia or go running into Russia to get Putin. This is not the first time Putin's military has committed war crimes and it sure as heck won't be the last. Realistically, what are we going to do? Get a nuclear war going? Of coarse not.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... nd-russia/

Germany intercepts radio communications where soldiers discuss murdering civilians. Russia hiring private contractors to fight.

Return to “Off-Topic”