DeSantis or Trump?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DeSantis or Trump?

Post by philip964 »

Trump is like General Patton
DeSantis is like General Eisenhower

We need Trump right now, instead due to a stolen election, we have a Carter on his worse day. That is really unkind to Carter.

We may still need Trump in 3 years. If not De Santis is an excellent candidate. He does not have Hillary like baggage with him amount a lot of independents.

My fear Trump may not step aside gracefully and divide the conservatives.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I go with Trump.

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

I'd prefer Trump, but nothing fires up the left like their hatred for Trump. DeSantis wouldn't motivate the left half as much as the Orange Man would.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Nikki Haley as VP would be a poison pill for some of us with long memories. As for Condi, I've been saying for years I'd like to see her run for the top slot.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:31 pm Nikki Haley as VP would be a poison pill for some of us with long memories. As for Condi, I've been saying for years I'd like to see her run for the top slot.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Even if Trump runs, she could be his VP and ready for 8 years when his term expires. But I can see that she might not want to be second fiddle to Trump.
I don't understand why she hasn't run before, I think she'd have been a shoe-in in 2016. And might have prevented the 2020 disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be dancing in the streets if Trump wins the White House in 2024. I simply never considered other candidates. Considering the idea now, I would slightly lean toward Desantis or Rice over President Trump.

ETA: The fact that she is an actual woman of color would be a plus against the race baiting from the Dems. But honestly that is not the major reason I'd like to see her run. With her in the White House, I'd feel like adults were uncharge again. I could got to sleep during troubled times feeling that the country was in good hands.
Last edited by BigGuy on Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

condi i could get behind
she is one heck of a lady. she could walk softly and carry a big stick and the other side would never see her coming
much respect for her.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ruark »

parabelum wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:52 pm
I don’t think he was a SEAL. He deployed with SEAL Team in a advisory / legal capacity I believe. Nonetheless, heck of a distinguishes career and would make a great President!
Right, here's a copy/paste of his SEAL related service:

He deployed to Iraq during the U.S. military troop surge at that time.

His position was Legal Advisor to the U.S. Navy SEAL Commander, Special Operations Task Force-West.

DeSantis played an advisory role to the commander in support of the SEAL mission in Fallujah, Ramadi, and the remaining area of Al Anbar province.

As a Navy attorney, DeSantis served as senior legal advisor and close counsel to SEAL team captain Dane Thorleifson.

In this capacity, DeSantis oversaw the treatment of detainees to ensure humane conduct toward them while in Iraq.

It is reported that he worked to protect the rights of approximately 100 detainees during this time.

In addition, he monitored the missions of Navy SEALs and Army Green Berets in his jurisdiction to ensure they followed and adhered to the rule of law.

This monitoring included making sure that interrogations followed the rules of the U.S. military and the Geneva Conventions.

Topic author
Ruark

Post by Ruark »

If DeSantis does run, I'd like to see him take Rice or Gabbard as VP. Haley is WAY WAY too hawkish for my tastes. I just hope to goodness Trump doesn't wade in an split the ticket.
-Ruark

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I had not thought of Condi Rice. She would be an even better partner on the ticket. I had not thought of her because I do not think she wants the office. And that single point, if I am right, ups her a lot in my mind.
Steve Rothstein

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

I think DeSantis and Winsome Sears would be a great ticket.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

You should have made this a poll. :mrgreen:

In answer to your question: DeSantis.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

DeSantis - a fighter and much younger.

RE: Gabbard as a VP: NEVER, NO WAY, NOT EVER! Don't forget Gabbard is for all the fake hysteria of banning "assault weapons", high capacity magazines, universal background checks and an advocate for sensible gun control. https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_ ... ontrol.htm

I like Condi Rice, but I'm unsure if she would just be another enabler of the swamp in Washington. I'd rather her run the NFL like she wanted to years ago. We need outsiders that are committed to cleaning house in DC.
Ron
NRA Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

DeSantis / Noem.

Never Gabbard. She may not be a full-on Leftist, but she's certainly a Democrat, with all the accompanying policy negatives.

Rice has stated many times her intention to NOT pursue the office.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I hear you about Gabbard, but I think she would keep those attitudes under wraps if she were in a VP position with DeSantis running the show. I wouldn't want her for President, no.
-Ruark

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It’s a sad state of affairs when the GOP can’t easily come up with a young, dynamic VPOTUS candidate with the name recognition and general GOP support that DeSantis has…someone that the voters aren’t terrified of that person ascending to the presidency if something happens to POTUS. Other than having two X chromosomes and darker skin, the main box that Cameltoe ticks is the one where people who hate Bei Den Jo still pray for his continued good health, because they are rightfully scared to death of a President Harris. She’s otherwise completely unqualified for the office.

The GOP badly needs a "backup POTUS" capable candidate who won’t scare people to death to run in the VPOTUS slot.

I voted for Trump, but I don’t think he’s a realistic candidate this time around. Democrats have already impeached him TWICE. They spent almost his entire term either investigating, or obstructing him. They’ve spent the months since he left the White House hounding him in court for both civil and criminal matters. The Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”) hates him with a deep and abiding passion, and those with the loudest voices will continue to undermine his presidency JUST like they did the first time around. And EVEN IF he could even get elected, it would be the exact same thing over again. Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) would collude to destroy his presidency. Those are facts. Guilty or not, qualified or not, he won’t have the support of a faction of within the GOP that viscerally hates him and will vote democrat rather than have him as president.

The reality is that Trump is damaged goods, and he’s unelectable. If he runs, he’ll simply hand the election to the DNC. Anymore, his best value to the party is as an endorser of candidates for Congress, and state and local elections.

I say these things as an outsider. I haven’t claimed GOP membership since 2012. In the interim years, I’ve divided my votes between Libertarian and Republican candidates…depending on who they are, and what office they’re running for. When I voted for Trump, it was more of a vote against Clinton than it was a vote for Trump. I had often referred to him as a rodeo clown during the primaries. So I was pleasantly surprised when he gave his victory speech, and he seemed to have a clearer understanding of the issues and what needed to be done than I had previously given him credit for. I don’t necessarily think he’s lost that understanding, but because of the underlying history of his presidency, I think he’d be stymied by Congress at every turn, constrained by leftist judges, pursued by prosecutors both special and regular, and continuously pilloried in the media. In short, he’d have an very unsuccessful presidency. It would end up a wasted opportunity to reverse the damage done by Biden/Harris, and simply handing the office back over to the democrats in the next election.

We need fresh blood for our next president. The pairing of a doddering old fool and a nymphomaniac is killing us. If the GOP wants to win, they’ll produce a POTUS/VPOTUS team of young, dynamic candidates with both intelligence and star-power, who are unafraid to challenge Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”) narratives, and whose integrity is unimpeachable for things they’ve said or done in the past. If the GOP can’t do that, they’re going to lose, and lose badly. If Trump runs again, they’re going to lose and lose badly. The GOP is out of alternatives. DeSantis is the best thing they’ve got going for them right now, and they need to work hard on finding him a running mate in the same mold. And by that, I mean someone with unimpeachable integrity, and a solid track record…not a puffed up record; a running mate that will make normal everyday Americans breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that the country isn’t going to slide into the toilet if something should happen to DeSantis.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”