DFW - proposed TX CHLer Skeet Shoot

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 5

DFW - proposed TX CHLer Skeet Shoot

Post by AndyC1911 »

We haven't done this in a few years, so who's game to go to Elm Fork?

I figure we can find/borrow/steal 2-4 boxes ammo each, even in these times. At this point, Sat May 7th might be good - it gives everyone a couple of weeks' notice - but I'm open to suggestions on that. Also, I may be able to arrange a little surprise if I can swing it.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: DFW - proposed TX CHLer Skeet Shoot

Post by puma guy »

AndyC1911 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:05 am We haven't done this in a few years, so who's game to go to Elm Fork?

I figure we can find/borrow/steal 2-4 boxes ammo each, even in these times. At this point, Sat May 7th might be good - it gives everyone a couple of weeks' notice - but I'm open to suggestions on that. Also, I may be able to arrange a little surprise if I can swing it.
I'd love to do it. Have to see what the scheduler has in store. Gonna be up there this weekend, but covered up by athletics and Easter with the grand kids.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

That's a great idea Andy. Those were fun.

I am scheduled to be in the lab that weekend and would have to find my own replacement on this short of a notice. I have plenty of PTO, but finding someone to cover shifts has been difficult lately. I recently requested two weeks off to help my daughter with #3 and was only granted the first week because they couldn't find coverage for the second week. I had put in the request 3 months in advance.

So, at this time unless this event is moved to to opposite weekend's Saturday I won't be able to make it. Either 4.30, 5.14, or 5.28 etc. However, don't hold this up just for me folks. If enough of you agree on a weekend I working so be it.

I guess I should check on my shotgun ammo situation.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Ok, folks - Apr 30 or May 14th?

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

AndyC1911 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 am Ok, folks - Apr 30 or May 14th?
Can't do either date, dad gummit. Have fun.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

The little surprise I mentioned - a few small medals and red/white/blue bands, just for funsies:

I'm furthermore taking myself out of contention for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals - I'll shoot but I'm not in the running for those medals.

As for the purpose of the 4th medal at the right - the spare bronze - I'm keeping a surprise, but everyone gets a fair crack at it.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RottenApple »

I'm good for either date. And I'll be bringing my bride (whom you have not met yet, Andy).

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Excellent!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:02 pm
AndyC1911 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 am Ok, folks - Apr 30 or May 14th?
Can't do either date, dad gummit. Have fun.
Me neither. I have to work both the 30th and 7th, and already have another social obligation on the 14th. :???:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It's getting close and I hate to do this, but something unavoidable for family came up for the 30th. I'm still available for 5.14 and again on 5.28. However, don't let that inhibit the rest of y'all from getting together on 5.7 or 5.21 if a bunch of you can & want to.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

There seems to be little interest, so let's cancel this - perhaps another time.

The Annoyed Man

AndyC1911 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:33 pm There seems to be little interest, so let's cancel this - perhaps another time.
I just got my schedule last night for the next few weeks. I have the following days available for the month of May:
Wed 5/4
Thursday 5/5
Mon 5/9
Wed 5/11
Mon 5/16
Wed 5/18
Fri 5/20
Mon 5/23
Wed 5/25
Sat 5/28

Maybe a weekday might work better for everyone? Just a thought.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Where are we on this? How many have ammo and could meet this Saturday, 5.14?

The Annoyed Man

C-dub wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:29 am Where are we on this? How many have ammo and could meet this Saturday, 5.14?
I can’t do the 14th…already committed to another social event. And since nobody else replied until you did yesterday, I already made a range date with my son on the 28th. Maybe some time in June?

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The weekends I'm not working in June are the 11-12 & 25-26.

Return to “Off-Topic”